Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Special Kind of Weirdness

I've known and accepted my own special weirdnesses for a while now. And, for the most part, I'm ok with them. But I do think its weird that I feel like I'm waiting for my life to start. I've alsways felt that way - and I know its weird. When I was little I would secretly wish that I was already 30, married, living in my own house, maybe with a kid... or maybe on my own in a different place with a great career... but I've always kinda felt like I was waiting on something.. and I know its weird. Because, really, the major big things that people expereince early in life I've done - most people are born, start school, graduate, go to college, graduate from college, meet someone, go on great vacations, get married, start a family, maybe move into a different job, if you stay married great, if not then you start over but basically you work towards the weekend and eventually retirement and then you wait to die... god, does THAT sound depressing... lol. But if you can get my drift? So far I'm still young... I've not yet had a kid or a great job or anything past that, but a lot of major milestones have been passed. So what am I waiting for? A great job, new house and a kid? Maybe once those things happen I won't have this weird feeling of waiting anymore??? I don't feel like I'm not a part of life or that I let my life pass me by, so what's with the feeling? I guess I also wonder what this says about me that I feel like this... that I've always felt like this... weird, huh?

No comments: