Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Recovering

St. Patrick's Day! Yay! The third anniversary of our engagement! And damn am I tired. And sore. What is it about drinking that makes your body hurt so bad?


Yesterday we went to Sherlock's, the normal St. Patrick's Day hangout, and drank like fishies. I got my face painted, which I thought was the coolest fucking thing ever last night. Beware the horribly unflattering pictures.
Feel free to laugh.*yawn* We got home around midnight maybe after cabbing it home and passed the fuck out. Didn't barf, which was good, but had a horrid headache and am still hungover. Got to work before ten, which was good. Why did St. Patrick's Day have to be on a Monday??? Jesus Fucking Christ. So now - am struggling to stay awake in my chair.


Also? It sucks because everyone has Good Friday off, but not us. The Tool is out of town (yay!!!) and our boss will be working from home that day, so it'll be pretty empty around here. I wish I could take a day off. But, I don't want to use a day now. It's getting close to where if I don't get pregnant pretty soon, I'll be looking at 2009 for a due date, which means I can use up all my vacation then and carry five days over from this year. It would actually be pretty nice, but then my vacation schedule for next year will be screwed because I'll have used it all up early. Oh, well. I'm not thinking we'd be taking a lot of vacations with a newborn to one year old. Except to George's house in San Antonio.


I've also decided that I'm going to quit smoking. I've gotten to the point where I only smoke when I drink, (which is really good!) but I still need to stop completely. It will only suck when I'm drinking. I used to think that I could do it up the point of pregnancy, because I'm not going to be drinking, so I would naturally not smoke. But that's pretty stupid. I need to just not do it at all. So I figured St. Patrick's Day would be the perfect ending to that horrible vice. And I did it right - I smoked so much the thought of the smell of cigarettes makes me queasy. And they really do stink and taste like shit. Time to completely give them up. Just thinking that I smoked so much is making me sick.

No comments: