Monday, July 14, 2008

Beta #1 this Morning

So this morning was the blood draw to see if I dun got knocked up. I haven't started my period yet. Weird. I have slight cramps that feel like I'm going to any minute. I'll probably start even before I get the phone call.

I tested on Saturday night with a dollar test so I could see if I could take Sudafed (if it was negative) - oh the allergies, they are here.

I took the damn Sudafed and felt much better. But I took it. Dammit. Damn it all to hell.

George and Bob stayed the night with us last night as a stop-gap on their way home. They bought a fancy new car in Florida (they saved $$ that paid for the airfare out there and Bob got to fish) and drove it back this weekend. It was nice to have them... we went to dinner with Amy and the Pomadchin's and generally hung out and had a relaxing visit.

I also slept like a teenager this weekend... I went to bed Friday and 11 and slept till 10 and then Saturday went to bed at 10 and slept till 9! Man, I was tired! I had a difficult time falling asleep last night, but slept fine.

So back to this morning. I had my blood drawn. And while the tech (CJ - the best) was drawing it she prayed over me. I'm not an especially religious person. I grew up going to church, but don't go now and generally disagree with the concept of 'religion'. And, to be completely honest, I was pretty surprised and didn't quite know how to feel about it. But, she prayed over me, and it meant so much. I see her probably more than I'd like, but she is still a relative stranger. It was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me through this process. After she was done, she gave me a hug and wished me good luck. There should be more people in the world like that.

No comments: