Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Complete and Total FAIL

Apparently, my body wants to stay pregnant. Very badly. See the following:
Monday: Scan. Fetal tissue present. Cytotec (misoprostol) administered. Bleeding ensues.
Tuesday: Scan. Residual tissue remains. Dialated cervix at RE to stimulate things.
Wednesday: Scan. Residual tissue remaims. Dialated cervix at RE in an attempt to pass the tissue in the office. Cytotec administered. 

And... so far nothing. Here's what I'm seeing in my future: 
Thursday: Scan. Residual tissue remains. D&C scheduled and performed. 
THE END OF THIS FUCKING NIGHTMARE. 

So, as you can see, I not only fail at sometimes getting pregnant, but completely fail at staying pregnant (hopefully this is not permanent) and now, fail at miscarrying a baby! And I have the honor of being the first patient of Dr. McKenzie's who has ever needed two doses of Cytotec (and possibly only the third or fourth patient in the practice). And, if I need a D&C I will be the first person in the entire practice who has needed two doses of Cytotec and a D&C. 

So I fail. My RE kinda put it off as a good thing and that in the future my body will hang on to a 'good' pregnancy. We'll see about that, as my track record isn't so good. 

No comments: