Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Most Likely Triggering Tonight!

So I didn't get my lining number this morning (but let's face it - it was so awesome yesterday it probably didn't get worse) (and wow did that sound cocky!) but I am pretty happy because my right ovary looked as if it had exploded. I had one follicle on the right measuring at 17.3mm, and a couple 14's and 13's, with some 11's thrown and a bunch of little ones in there... on the scan it just looked like there were bubbles covering the entire surface of my ovary. Kinda cool. I seriously couldn't count the number as she was measuring them, but she took like 15 pictures. My left one is the brownheaded* step child of the cycle, with the biggest at 15.somethinglow and just one or two smaller. Marc speculated that since in "normal" women ovulation takes turns between ovaries and that it must have been ole rightie's turn. So, since the clinic considers 15 mature (which hummph. I'm still not entirely convinced, although u/s tech made a good argument about how they determine that number through IVF and that 15 IS mature) it looks like I will 99.999% be triggering tonight. I got a cup and everything. I just hope they continue to grow... and be really mature - not just on the cusp.

For shits and giggles I asked what my e2 levels were last cycle when I triggered. They were only 434. That's it! I had one follicle at 16.something and one at 15.something. I'm glad this cycle is different. She did say that higher e2 levels were better. So, that's good... I still can't believe the number for last cycle. No wonder I'm being such a super freak about this one.

Ah well. The joyous part of the morning was being confronted with a baby while waiting for my blood to be drawn. He was probably 2 or 3, and his mom was there for b/w as well. I just kinda got hit with a WTF moment. I mean, she was obviously there for #2, but man. Just right there. Kinda stung a bit. Brought up a little bitterness, I'm not going to lie. Made me feel like a bad person. But, what could she do? It's not her fault she has to bring her kid to the clinic to try and get pg with a second.

I also RSVPed to a baby shower this weekend... I'm super happy for her as it took her A LOT to get pg, but still kinda anxious about it since I would have been only 3 weeks behind her if I hadn't lost the second pregnancy and I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about seeing a big ole belly and thinking about what should have been.

And now I'm off to take a bath, as I won't be able to do so in the next couple of weeks (I like HOT baths) and meeting Sarah for lunch at Jake's - yum!

*As I am redheaded, when I was younger I took offense to this saying (now I'm not so offended; I feel sorry for real redheaded step children and everyone always looks at me when they say it, which is weird) so have changed it to make myself happy. Suck on it brunettes.

No comments: