Monday, May 4, 2009

Thank you Swine Flu

Our friend's son's day school is closed, thanks to the swine flu here in Houston, so I'm spending the next couple of days hanging out with him. Marc, with his superior knowledge of everything, thinks all this is over-hyped sensationalism that is completely ridiculous. I agree he has a point. For instance, closing down random schools... so the middle school is closed, but the elementary and high school, where students may have siblings, are open? And all the malls are open, so instead of going to school, people are congregating in other public spots - not exactly helping stop the spread of the virus if some of these people are infected. I'm sure officials are just covering their asses, in case this thing turns out to be real. I told Marc that if I were in the 2ww or even stimming, I probably would not watch Anthony (our friend's 2 year old). His school had a confirmed case and in the off chance I was pregnant or stimming to become pregnant (spending lots of money) I wouldn't want to get sick and throw a cycle away. I still don't want to throw a cycle away, and if I do get sick, I will be pissed, but since I know I'm not pg and only taking Provera to get my period, I figure I should help out since I can.

So that's what my plans are for the week. I was going to maybe visit my sister, but probably not now. I'll just be taking my Provera, hoping to get my period before I take all the pills, and watching Anthony.

No comments: