Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Blood

So yesterday was the exciting blood work up! I had eight vials of blood drawn! I mean, wow - it was a lot more than I had anticipated. CJ, the blood drawer (yes, I'm sure thats her official title and she would love for everyone to call her that - you just tell her I said it was ok) was awesome. She was goooood - didn't hurt at all. Poor Marc got the baby treatment. He didn't watch me getting my done and had to be laid down to get his done. He is terrified of needles and doctors and the whole thing. He did very well, though. I made fun of him, but was very nice. He also had his sperm analysis (snicker, snicker, hee-hee I'm so freaking mature). I thought it would be difficult for him to "perform under pressure" since he was worried about it, but apparently his concerns were unfounded. He also said (and I'm sorry to hear this) that if he had been gay, he wouldn't have had any magazines to look at! What's up with that? What if it had been a gay couple trying to use one of the daddies spermies to impregnante their surrogate? What would he have used? It just doesn't seem right, but I guess its not really my concern. I just feel bad for the people who might have liked that option.

On a completely different subject, the spell checker doesn't seem to work. So I apologize for any spelling errors, because I don't feel like going back and correcting them all. This applies to Monday's post too. Meh.

So now I just have to get through the HSG x-ray which I am admittedly a little nervous about. I mean, the doctor told me I could take Advil. Which you may know is just not good ohmygod advil will kill any hopes you have of conceiving if you take it it means you don't really want a baby, so this basically tells me to be prepared for the pain. Yay. (And it wasn't that big a deal... I'm just being slightly overly dramatic) (but seriously, whatever. Everyone knows Tylenol sucks and Advil rocks at just about any kind of pain you could have. Like I said: what. ever.)

No comments: