Thursday, March 27, 2008

Monitored Cycle

My monitored cycle starts now! Yay! I'm so excited to finally get this show on the road! I went in today for my day 3 ultrasound (yes, I officially started my period. After 52 days and medication). So today's appointment was to test to see if I had cysts on my ovaries. As it was explained to me, the presence of large cysts would have indicated a higher than desired level of estrogen. The tech said that anything over 15mm would be too large and they would not start me on Clomid. I didn't ask what would happen then, because I honestly didn't think that would apply to me. Well, I was pretty close... I have a cyst on my right ovary that measured 10 mm. Fortunately, I sailed through. My uterus was also in good shape - thin. I also got blood drawn to check some other hormone (???) and left $1,000 poorer, without a vial of blood, with 'jelly' leftover from the ultrasound (did I mention it was vaginal? Oh yeah. On my period and got to have a vaginal ultrasound. Good thing my period is light this month. Those poor techs... I mean really. Ew.), a lovely prescription for 100mg of Clomid and an appointment for next week. YAY! Moving forward! I also got instructions about which kind of OPK tests to buy (hint: not the kind I currently own). Overall a pretty good visit, and I still beat The Tool to work. I stupidly left a voice mail for him because I thought I wouldn't beat him. Dang! So now he knows that I was late. And *chuckle* he doesn't know about all the baby stuff, but thinks I'm really sick or something to have all these doctor's appointments where they keep drawing blood. Heehee. I've assured him that was not the case, but he still seems worried. I guess that's nice of him. Whatever.

This weekend is the draft, for which I am now participating, instead of watching. I haven't really prepared my list. I'm too busy preparing to have Mike come and stay with us! I'm going to the grocery store and trying to pre-make stuff for breakfast and lunch during the draft. I was also invited to a birthday party Saturday night which should be lots of fun, but doing that would interrupt hanging out with Mike and talking about the draft. Ugh... I don't know what to do. I've committed to both, but don't feel like doing the birthday thing. I guess we'll see what I feel like and bail on someone. Or maybe just go to the birthday thing later than I anticipated. Fun weekend ahead! I just hope the Clomid doesn't make me into too much of a crazy hormonal bitch. :)

No comments: