Monday, April 28, 2008

Blog? What Bl... oh. Yeah.

So yes, I'm alive, dear blog-o-mine. I know what you' thinking - that now, I'm all of a sudden too good for you. I go off to New Orleans and have a fabulous time and then come back and don't post and completely forget about you. But! NO! I'm not! I'm back! Here! Writing! See me tap-tap-tapping on the little keys? So, from where I left off *ahem* two weeks ago, we left for NO on Thursday morning. I was pretty busy at work just trying to get everything finished in time for the big trip. We had a great time in NO, doing all sorts of awesome touristy things, like eating and drinking and walking and a leetle bit of shopping (no, seriously - I didn't buy a whole lot). But the eating and drinking - yeah. There was lots of that.

Thursday we get in and go to our hotel to unload - we find out we've been given rooms that join together and that have balconies overlooking Bourbon St - awesome! We take a few minutes of down time and then head out for lunch. We stopped at Pat O'Briens for a later morning hurricane and proceeded to Port of Call where we had a Monsoon and great burgers. We then went to Razoo's where we stayed for most of the day. I danced and drank and drank and drank. We were in pretty early (after a stop at Mango's for pizza - I think) at around 11pm, but after a long day of partying and only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before - I was DONE. Unfortunately, our room overlooked Bourbon St. So sleep, the entire weekend was something I desired a lot more of.

Friday we ate at some cafe (breakfast was meh). We walked around Jackson Square, went down to the Canal St shops, ate lunch at Drago's, stopped at Harrah's and just took it easy. That night we went out and there was bull riding and more Mango's Pizza.

Saturday we were toast. I was so sore from Thursday (seriously - I don't understand how your body can ache so badly - I felt as though I'd been beat up) that after Friday, I didn't want to move. We went down to the Garden District to sight see and took a trolley back to our hotel. Amy was pretty sick that day, so she stayed back, except when it was time to eat! We went to the Acme Oyster House - which was fabulous. I have a new love for etouffee. I need to find me a place in Houston that has good etouffee because man - that stuff rocked. We flew back early Sunday morning and immediately had to clean the house for a showing (that was brutal) that ended up being cancelled (even worse). We ate lunch and went over to my folks' for my dad's and brother's birthdays. That was fun although I was exhausted. I think I ghost walked through work on Monday and Tuesday.

Marc had to leave to go to Tucson Tuesday afternoon. His grandfather died Wednesday night in his sleep. He just got back into town this Saturday and was glad to be home! I wish I could have gone to Tucson to be with Marc, Amy and the family, but couldn't take all that time off so soon after being gone. I should have left. I feel guilty about that and felt left out and pretty lonely the entire time Marc was gone. I know there's nothing I could have done for Marc, except be there. But I wish I had gone for a day or two.

So that leads us to today. The weekend was nice and relaxing. We went to Alex and Jen's Saturday after Marc got back into town, which was nice because we hadn't been there in a while. Sunday we caught up on TV we'd missed, went to the grocery store and just relaxed.

Today happens to be my CD 35. I POAS and got a negative, so I'm calling the RE's to get my prescription for Provera and we get to start this all over again, except with a higher dosage of Clomid. Hopefully this will work! I really do not want to end up having IVF. So, here's to this cycle!

No comments: