Monday, June 9, 2008

Ok then. That's what we'll do.

So. Bad News First: IUI#1 was unsuccessful. I tested Sunday morning and nothing. I then started my period.

Now, for the Good News! (and no, I don't mean that kind of 'Good News') I started my period!! Day 28!! A miracle for me! I'm never anywhere close to being regular, but apparently ovulating like you're supposed to also brings out other "normal" body functions! Who knew? Marc and I were both shocked by it. Blown away. I'm still in shock. It's the best thing that could have happened after getting a negative test! This means no two week wait for AF - no Provera. This means I get to start things again - My beta appointment turned into my CD 2 rule-out-cysts ultrasound. (Which - MORE Good News - No Cysts!!! Moving Forward! Onward and Upward! More Capitalization and Exclamation Points!!)

They're also checking my hormones, so we'll see where we stand with that, but for now, we're moving forward. I have a handy prescription for Clomid and a box of Gonal-f with my name on it. I still don't know the official procedure this time around, and will meet with my RE in person during the next appointment I have to determine where we go during this cycle and after (should we need to).

This cycle, I'll do the Clomid (I'm pretty sure anyway - will depend on phone call this afternoon) and the Gonal-f. Since I only had one good sized follicle last time around, I think they'll increase the dosage to 150iu, up from 75iu. I will probably only stim for 3 days, especially with a higher dose, and then trigger and IUI time. I want to discuss the possibility of doing back to back (B2B) IUIs either this time or the next time around when I meet with the Doc. If this cycle doesn't work, I'll (probably) be off Clomid and on injectibles solely. That's just my guess, so we'll see.

In other weekend news, we were planning to be total bums until the phone calls. We had two showings! One definitely showed! lol It's funny that that's such an accomplishment. Yay for showing up - gold star next to your name.

Unfortunately, our new neighbors (renters) have made selling our house even harder. I don't know if they just don't own a dryer, or what, but they have decided the best way to dry their clothes is by stringing whatever electronic cables they have (headphone wires are apparently ok) together to make a clothesline and hang their clothes from that. Not a pretty view. I'm not happy with this development. I wouldn't want to move into the house with the neighbors who hang their clothes from electric wires; walk around outside in their wife-beater, gold chains and flip flops; and allow their teenage son to walk around in his wife-beater and flip flops in the middle of the street oblivious to cars who might be trying to get somewhere. Yeah. I'm not too happy about this whole arrangement and plan on placing a call into the Townhome Association later today.

No comments: