Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Since the Miscarriage

I came across a post on the Nest - Pregnancy Loss board yesterday. Flame-proof Confessions. I thought of a confession and decided to post. I though of several confessions. I haven't actually taken the time to sort out my feelings since the miscarriage and will expound on the already long confessions I made on the board. I'm glad I had the opportunity to think of these things and share them, because I hadn't quite identified them and think its a healthy step in healing. And it actually made me think of how much this affected me. I'm good at blocking things, and this is definitely one of those things.

Confession #1
- I refuse to go to a friends' baby shower in a couple of weeks because I am avoiding pg people, babies and baby things. I don't feel bad about it either. And there's no way in hell I'm going to a Babies R Us right now. This is her second baby in two years. First of all, she shouldn't have a shower, IMO. Secondly, the invite shouldn't ask for gifts. Tacky. And, to be perfectly, 100% honest, I'm kinda bothered that Marc is going. I would never tell him that, but I am.

Confession #2
- I am shopping a LOT. Retail therapy, right? Stupid because we are TTTC and OOP and injections cost a lot. Feel guilty about that, yet bought a pair of shoes yesterday at lunch. Bought stuff on sale at Ulta today. I've recently bought things at Chico's, Soma, the Gap, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Ulta (times 3), and eBay. I bought three bags off of eBay. Marc is gonna shit. And I know there's more that I can't even think of right now. And it's my birthday tomorrow and I know I'll be getting presents and yet I still go out and spend all this money. Stoo-pid

Confession #3
- I'm glad I can drink soda again. I really missed it when I was, for an oh-so-short time pregnant. Now I relish every soda I can get. And now I have a chance to lose some weight before getting pg. I'm really just trying to eat better, and less. I hope it starts making a difference. (Because it hasn't YET - dammit I want instantaneous results!)

Confession #4
- I kinda knew when I got pg that the pg wasn't going to happen - it felt unreal and I just knew the timing was off and it wasn't going to happen this time. I feel totally guilty about that, even though I know the m/c wasn't my fault. *

Confession #5
- I hate pg people who are so happy about their pregnancies and just assuming everything will just come up roses for them. I just feel like they think they're so special. And they are. And I'm not. I have to constantly remind myself that I don't know everyone's journey. I just want to yell at them that not everybody has it so easy in getting and staying pg. Bitches.

So there we go. Issues I'm dealing with. Ugh...

*And I swear I'm physic or something. I just knew about the pregnancy. The timing just didn't feel right. And I kept waiting for something bad to happen. And sure, most people will say that's normal pregnancy paranoia, and maybe it was but I've had other things happen too. Last week I wrote my friend a letter. I suddenly had a very strong urge to write him. I just knew I had to, for whatever reason. He wrote me back saying that that very day he was involved in a life-threatening incident. And all my life I've always known that I would meet the man I would marry when I was 22, get married when I was 24 and have a baby when I was 28. And, so far, that's been accurate. And when I was in Moscow a guy asked to read me and asked me if there were psychics in my family because for whatever reason I was blocking him and that usually meant I had some physic-ness in me. He told my friend she would have a difficult pregnancy, but would end up with two boys. She got pregnant in Moscow, had a difficult pregnancy, and has a little boy. Anyway, you can think I'm crazy or not, but I've always had strong instincts and feelings about things. So I believe it.

No comments: