Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My New Favorite Acronym

So there are a lot of things I hate about IF. Part of those things are the acronyms associated with bodily functions. Especially AF. Aunt Flo. It's weird and I hate it. But today I was reading a blog. And my period will now be referred to as FP or MFP. As in Fucking Period or My Fucking Period. Sounds so much better. I don't need something that requires sticking cotton wads up in my junk to be named after a relative. My Fucking Period sounds a lot more like what it really is.

So. My impending IVF. I'm so excited for it to start. This is my proposed, please-god-please-let-this-happen plan. That only myself really knows about. Well, kinda the RE's office, but probably not as specifically. And I don't really know everything that will happen, I just have timing guesses. So I start Provera. I get MFP. I have the hysteroscopy. It's clear and I re-apply for Shared Risk. It's approved. I start BCP and stay on them for 21 days. During those 21 days I do all the classes and whatever I need to do to get ready for the actual IVF. Then I start stimming, etc, etc (other meds and stuff I'm not super clear on except that I'll have to do PIO shots which freak the bajeebies out of me)... egg retrieval, lots and lots of good eggs, high fertilization percentage, great embryos, transfer beautiful, high grade embryos (with leftovers to freeze) and then STAY pregnant! With super high beta numbers! So there's no worry! Seems easy to me!

No comments: