Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'll take a little bit of good right about now...

I called the RE yesterday after all the bleeding that went on this weekend. I wasn't trying to get seen early, I just wanted to know if they were expecting the bleeding to slow down at all (since it had gotten worse) and if I were to miscarry, if there would want the tissue to do any genetic testing on. I want to make sure that if I did miscarry, that it wouldn't be either me or Marc's genetic faults. Or the combination of the two. I know its rare, but it does happen. Well, she wanted me to come in and be looked at, which I was. And everything looked fine. The baby is still there, and they don't see a source of the bleeding. The baby is also growing, so that is also good. I was really hoping to see a heartbeat at this u/s, but we didn't. We scheduled a scan for next Monday and if we don't see a heartbeat then, she's going to call it as an unviable pregnancy. My dates also changed. According to everything I've looked at and entered into the internet, I am, today, 6w3d. Last Wednesday when I went in, she told me I was 5w5d. Yesterday (Monday) I was 6w4d, according to the RE. WTF? That doesn't make any sense. I can't just be more days pregnant than I am. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. But, I'm not the expert, so whatevs. And if it means the baby is measuring ahead, well, I don't think that's anything to complain about. And I've come to a conclusion about the bleeding. I'm not going to worry about it. It's gross. It smells gross. But there's nothing I can do. And apparently I'm just one of those unlucky 15% who bleed while pregnant. At least this time around. So that's what I think about that. And, to top it off, I woke up this morning with no blood. How the hell that happened, I don't know, but I'm taking only good things from it. And I'm not stupid enough to believe that this means its all over, but for now, I'm happy. Baby steps.

No comments: