Thursday, November 20, 2008

First Ultrasound and more

So my first ultrasound was Wednesday. Still bleeding. One beautiful egg sac there. In the right spot. Not ectopic. Not molar. I know this baby is strong and a fighter. But dear god I think I'm just losing it. All day Wednesday I was so happy. Exuberant. Dr. McKenzie said that 15% of pregnancies bleed and that it doesn't have to be a problem. The ultrasound didn't show any bleeding around the sac, which was the important part. As long as the bleeding doesn't affect the baby and it wasn't. Wednesday was the best day. We got to see our baby. It just made it so much more real. Not like last time when I miscarried without ever getting to see it. I made it to exactly six weeks last time. Tomorrow I'll be six weeks.

Today I can barely keep from crying. All right, I guess I should say I can't stop crying. Woke up to that feeling. The feeling of a warm sticky fluid between my legs. Which means that its getting worse. It hasn't before crossed that barrier while I'm horizontal. I'm expecting a lot of blood today. And I'm freaking out. I know my baby is strong, I just hope its strong enough. And I know I can't DO anything. It's just a waiting game from here on out. But how much longer can I bleed? Why is my body betraying me this way? Where is all this blood coming from anyway? Why won't it stop? How much longer can it go on without hurting my baby? I'm just so scared. So, so scared. I want it so badly.

And, worst of all, Marc's scared. He's really freaking out, too. And there's nothing I can do but keep him updated. At least he doesn't have to see and smell all the blood. But I know he's preparing himself for the worst. And it breaks my heart that I can't do this the right way for him. For our miracle, break cycle baby.

All I can do is be hopeful, as much as that may break my heart later. And pray that the bleeding stops. And pray that this baby makes it. And that his heart starts beating. Come on baby, I have faith in you.

No comments: