Friday, January 23, 2009

NEWS

So I am just finishing my period. Which started exactly one month from the D&C. Which was weird. And we got test results back. The karotyping was normal for both of us. I have to go back in so they can retest for the protein c and s - one was elevated and the other was not able to be run in the lab due to the lab fucking the sample up. Whatever. However, I am positive for the MTHFR gene mutation. After a little bit of research, and another phone call to the clinic and even more research, I now know that I have the heterozygous for A1298C mutation. Which is the least serious form of the mutation possible. All I have to do is take 5 times the normal amount of folic acid to make sure I am getting the right amount. As for the the protein c... well I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. It's a clotting factor, so I hope that the only thing I'd have to do to fix it is take some baby aspirin, if needed. To be honest, I'm tempted to take the baby aspirin anyway, as I don't see as to how it could hurt anything.


In other news, the contractors are here! And they're fixing the house! And it looks good! And it will be done by the end of the week! Whoo-hoo!

And I have a test on Friday - the Generalist 4-8 Texes test that I have to pass if I want to teach grades 4 through 8. Or, 5 through 8 really, because I passed the EC-4 test... but semantics. So I'm supposed to be studying this week for the test on Friday. And I really haven't studied all that much. But I plan on it. I was never much of a good student.

No comments: