Monday, February 9, 2009

So long

so so so so so long since I've updated my blog...

Let's see... what is today? Feb.9. Maybe it hasn't been too long. There's not really much going on.

I have class tonight... that's all going well. I got pretty frustrated with my last class (Saturday) as we basically read out loud everything we were supposed to read at home. I mean, what's the freaking point of that? Felt like a total waste of time. Half a class day on Saturday and then... MEXICO!!! Whoo-hoo! Super excited about that. And that we'll be gone, just the two of us for so long. We don't usually take vacations, just the two of us, so I'm pretty excited about it. Let's see if I can use 'just the two of us' in another sentence in this post, because I seem to be on a roll. I also am scheduled to take the ESL test which will qualify me to teach ESL (although I'm not sure I want to). Amy and I passed the generalist 4-8 exam, so I am now techincally qualified to teach EC-8. Go me.

I have two observations scheduled this week at my mom's school; Wednesday with 1st grade and Friday with 4th. I'm pretty excited about the 4th grade appointment, but also nervous since it'll be the day before V-day and I'm worried that it won't be a 'typical' day. And, I don't know when I'm supposed to be there. So, that's kinda frustrating. The rest of the week includes happy hour Wednesday with Sarah (after observing), homework for Saturday's class that I haven't started, packing for our trip, movie day tomorrow with Amy (to see Bride Wars, He's Just Not That Into You, and Shopaholic - can you say chick-flick-a-palooza?) and I should probably go into my moms class again to see a 'typical day'... I guess on Thursday.

Overall, this week should be pretty busy, which is a nice change. Well, I guess I shouldn't say that what with the construction and classes lately I'm not just sitting here. Today I applied for part-time, no brainer admin/ office assistant jobs. I'm really hoping something comes through. I figure with the classes, observing, IF treatments, etc. it would be great to get something part time to help with the monthly expenses. (especially if (knockonwood) I get something at Memorial Hermann hospitals, who cover IVF in their insurance so we wouldn't have to worry about, oh well anything financially - but we're going to keep this real quiet and not anger the karma gods who don't like it when you talk about things like this shhhhhh) And we got the test results back from the retested proteins s and c - both negative or normal. So that's good. I have to say, I'm looking forward to starting this whole thing up again, unbelievably. We're doing an IUI during the cycle we're doing the hysteroscopy for application into the IVF Shared Risk program. We are hesitating spending so much on IVF since I've gotten pregnant twice without it. So we'll see. I would love to not have to do IVF just because it would take so much financial stress off us. (I just reread that sentence and thought well duh. No one wants to spend that kind of money... retarded-ness personified here.)

I'm also hoping that our house will be listed by the end of the week. I WAS hoping it would be listed earlier, but what are you gonna do? George came in town last week, which was nice. She stayed with us and we worked on painting Amy's bathroom.

So that's about it. Let's see... Just the two of us. There. Done.

No comments: