Friday, June 12, 2009

Communication is Key

So after all the bitching and whining and complaining the last couple of posts, I finally got a phone call this morning. Granted, this was after another voicemail and a call into the receptionists to make sure Nurse D had been in this week, which she had. If I hadn't gotten a phone call, I would have scheduled an appointment with Dr. M and talked to her about everything.

I'm somewhat satisfied with the explanation I've received regarding the strict morph issue and her calling me. According to her, she has been waiting for the Shared Risk people to call her back and let her know what I was approved for. She claims she still hasn't received a call back. I'm kinda mad because she did promise to do everything she could to try and get us approved for IVF alone, and I don't think she did. On top of that, when I called her originally and left her that message, I stated that I had heard from the Shared Risk people and that we had been approved. She acted like she didn't know that. So whatever.

About the strict morph. It sounds like they don't take strict morph into consideration when looking at success rates for IUI. I seriously have a problem with that, but what can I do? She understood exactly what I was asking and concerned with (wasting time and money on IUI's) and told me that we hadn't wasted anything and that they do not consider strict morph an important criteria when doing IUI's (or something like that). Like I said, I think this is total bullshit and kinda want to talk to Dr. M about this to hear it straight from her. I may set up a phone appointment, but don't want to look like I don't trust Nurse D (which... I don't 100%, but don't want to admit that to them, which maybe I should and ask to get a different nurse). Anyway, what's done is done - there isn't a whole lot I can do now - we're definitly moving to IVF and since I really love Dr. M and a lot of the people there, we aren't moving clinics. So I've decided to take all this in stride and just go forward. Being mad won't help anything and won't change what's already happened.

So I'm going to my teach class next Thursday and will get my schedule then. I also will find out how long I'm staying on the BCP and what protocol I'll be on.

You know, on second thought, I am going to try and meet with Dr. M when M can be there... and done! She had a cancellation this afternoon, so off we'll go! After talking with M, he's right - meeting with her and hearing her say that that's the way the clinic operates regarding strict morph will not make me feel any better and will not change our mind about what we're doing, so I'm not even going to bring it up. I am glad that M will be able to talk with Dr. M about IVF though. I've talked with her already and he was unable to be there, but I know he wants to be in the loop with everything, so it'll be good for him and me to have a clear understanding of what exactly we're doing and why. And, Dr. M ALWAYS makes me feel great, so my spirits are lifted already just knowing we'll be meeting with her today.

2 comments:

Gina said...

GL today, I hope everything goes nice and smooth.

My Re said that about Mr. H's morph also. They said that it doesn't matter for IUI's only IVF. I though it was so odd, how could that be correct? Oh well I guess.

satto said...

that morph thing is odd. You'd think IVF was way better for morph because with ICIS you pick the perfect sperm.

At least I hope so cause that's what I'm doing on Sunday.

I'm glad you get to talk to your doctor today. If you were leaving voicemails and such she should have called you back with an "I'm still waiting for that info". There are so many fantastic nurses that really get what we're going through and do all they can to ease our minds. It sucks when you get stuck with one who just doesn't get how important a phone call is.