Friday, June 12, 2009

Update after RE Meeting

We have a plan! We have a tentative schedule! We have understanding about our clinic's standard operating procedures regarding strict morph!

So right now, the teach class is next Thursday, when I'll also get the prescription for Lupron. I'll start that while still on BCP, then continue for (I think she said 10 days?). Suppression check is July 2. Stims (the Gonal and Menopur) should start July 4 (Happy Fourth of July to me! We'll be in San Antonio and I'm glad we won't have to cancel that trip...) and the egg retrieval (ER) should be the week of July 13-17. Whoopee! With the embryo transfer (ET) at the latest July 22. Which, I believe puts beta at July 31? I'll start PIO right after the ER and then Lovenox after the (ET). If all goes according to schedule, this should be the plan. We think I'll probably go early for ER because I respond well to the meds, so I guess we'll see!

I'm so excited!!! It all seems to be happening so fast, even though I know ER is like a month away. Yippee!! I know I'll be pregnant in no time!

Oh yeah, and their SOP is that strict morph doesn't matter with IUI's - only IVF, and that if its low, they recommend ICSI, which we will do. I have to be honest, it did make me feel better hearing a person with an actual medical degree tell me that and I kinda feel like a total drama queen for freaking out about it when I didn't have all the information... but not about the non-returning phone call though. Grr.

2 comments:

satto said...

Isn't it crazy how quick you go from nervous about IVF and wondering if it's the right choice to so excited and ready to go go go!

It's crazy what an RE's go ahead and a bottle of Lupron can do to a girl.

Good luck!

EB said...

It's great to have a plan! Good luck!!!