Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Something Good, Something Bad

Let's start with the bad news. I was told that the SA performed on M February of 2008, was not, in fact, "fine". I am having a hard time remembering the exact conversation about the results, since it happened a year and a half ago, but know that all this time, I've been thinking everything was "fine". It's not. His strict morph is 0.5%. Normal range is 4%. Not the end of the world, but, it seems like it's something that could be pretty big. Big enough that we will not qualify for regular IVF Shared Risk. Instead, we have to pay the $6,000 + extra for the IVF+ICSI Shared Risk plan. I'm SO not happy about this. I just went back and read what I thought of the results from M's SA were back in 2008. I believe the term used was "rock star sperm". Really? I'm trying not to make too big a deal about this (we are moving to IVF - there's not much else we can do), but it's hard. Because we just missed the cutoff for the Shared Risk price increase and would we have done that last IUI knowing about this? And we've been doing all these IUI's thinking that everything with M was fine, when, in reality, it was not. Were they a waste of money? I guess we'll never know. I'm just kinda upset by the whole thing.

I found this out because I talked to Nurse D yesterday and she told me that my genius plan of only doing the regular IVF Shared Risk and then paying for the ICSI as we go ($2,600 each) wouldn't be possible due to the strict morph issue and because of that, how it says we should do ICSI all over my chart. It just keeps getting more and more and more expensive. We have to rerun numbers and try to re-figure this whole thing out.

The good news: We bought our iPhones a month ago. They just came out with a new version and dropped the price on the ones we just bought. By $100 each. So, I'm to go by the AT&T store where we bought them and getting a credit. That's nice. There's some money.

Ugh all this $$ and IVF talk is just making me upset. To top it all off, I can't find the copy of M's SA results that I thought we had. I'd like to put it in our file and look over it myself.

No comments: