Thursday, June 18, 2009

Teach Class - I'm all Learned Now!

So a lot of paperwork to sign. A lot of talk of needles that sound really scary. I'm worried about mixing the meds correctly and making sure I do the right thing at the right time. But there's also a lot of excitement. I feel like this is actually happening now. We ordered my meds, so the requisite picture of the stacks of boxes will be coming. I have a calendar, which is something so delightfully awesome, I can barely contain my excitement. I have a little bit of organizational/planning obsessiveness that takes over when I feel out of my element or when doing something new, so I can't tell you how much calmer I feel having it. I'm such a freak one of my favorite things to do besides making lists is filling up my datebook. I'm usually disappointed by the look of it as my life isn't that interesting, but with all these appointments and a calendar(!) I know I'll be able to fill it up soon. So, my tentative calendar, for all the blog world to see:

June 22 (that's Monday!): Start Lupr.on (10iu)/Dexy
June 24: Last BCP
July 2: Suppression check
July 4: Start stims 150iu of Go.nal-f and 150iu of Men.opur; Lupr.on decreased to 5iu
July 6: First office visit to check progress

Nurse D told me that I'd probably stim for 8 days rather than 10, based on previous reaction to the meds and that we'd probably have egg retrieval early the week of July 13. Then I start other meds (tetracycline, medrol, PIO) the days following and the have Valium for the ET, the next day start Loven.ox and then start Viv.elle.

Whew. (Oh yeah, and she totally hooked me up with a couple boxes of *free* meds - she is officially my favorite.person.ever.)

In Leinie news, her UTI isn't going away. I knew it wasn't. I knew she wasn't responding to the antibiotics, knew she wasn't back to normal. And the culture came back and confirmed it. So now we're starting all over with a different drug that will hopefully clear this thing up. Unfortunately, it's a slower acting drug, so we can't expect to see any change until four or five days have gone by. Which is really screwing with her potty training. We had her first puppy class last night and the trainer said that we would have to start all over with her and potty training once the infection is gone. Which disturbs her crate training. And a lot of the other training we're trying to accomplish in this class. Ugh. I just hope she feels better soon so we can play with her more and get her on the right track.

1 comment:

satto said...

Woohoo! How exciting! It's going to go by so fast.

And now your title has me thinking of a simpsons episode where homer teaches an adult education class....off to tivo to see if I have that one....