Thursday, June 25, 2009

Update on Me!

So I've been a bit MIA here.

To catch up, yesterday was my last BCP. I took 27 days of them (my clinic always ends BCPs on Wednesdays). I started 10 units of Lupron on Monday, so I've been doing that for a couple of days. After watching the "how to give yourself IM injections" I decided I need to learn how to stab myself, instead of slowly pushing the needle in. M is deathly afraid (like will literally pass out) of needles, so he will not be giving me my IM injections. Which worries me. I don't know if I'll be able to pull back and test for blood. He may have to look after the needle is in. Anyway, so I've been stabbing myself with the Lupron needle and doing it without icing the area down (like a big girl!). And have been getting red splotches that kinda itch. I don't know if this is from jabbing the needle in, or if its just the Lupron I'm having a slight reaction to. It doesn't last longer than 30-60 minutes, so I'm not too worried about it.

But that's about it! The puppy is still in classes and we seem to have a handle on her UTI. The crate and potty training seem to be slowly coming along. We still manage to have at least one accident in the house a day (which isn't TOO bad) and she is holding it and sleeping in her crate through most of the night. We are having a major pulling problem on the leash though. She just wants to come inside immediately! This lead to the accident of the day yesterday (while I was trying to get the house ready for a showing, no less) and is causing a big problem. I'm worried that she doesn't want to go outside and therefore will not go to the door when she has to pee. And when I take her out to pee and she immediately does her business and then rushes in, it leads to accidents of the number 2 variety. (Which, uck.)

After this weekend, things will really be happening. We have the suppression check, I'm visiting a friend and her new baby, my sister has her first OBGYN appointment, we have another puppy class and we'll be going to San Antonio for the Fourth of July weekend, and hopefully will start stimming then. And then things will REALLY start happening! Which I'm really very excited about, although the IM needles still scare me. Bring on the stims! Those needles are easy! But starting from the trigger... gulp.

And, can I please also mention - holy mother fucker is it hot? It got to 103 degrees yesterday! Today is supposed to be 102! According to the weather.com, right now it's 97 degrees but feels like 104. Um, seriously? We haven't had rain in weeks... ugh. It's so nasty outside. I hate summer.

1 comment:

K8e said...

I have red splotches too! I asked about it (mine is from menpour though) they said it was fine but to watch it. You should call! It sounds like you are super busy! GL!