Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ah, Lupron

At the beginning, there wasn't much in the side effects department. Now, I am sorry to say, I feel like I was mislead. Night sweats. Increased appetite. Aversion to alcohol. Headache.

I thought I was just really hot at night and couldn't find the right temperature. Until I realized that I did this with Clomid and M isn't experiencing this. So. Yeah. Night sweats. Fun.

I thought I was just really hungry a lot. I didn't really notice that I had a super increased appetite until I realized that I was eating like a pig, and always hungry again shortly thereafter. Because the weight I'll gain from the bloat of the other drugs isn't enough, thank you Lupron for the extra poundage I'm surely carrying.

Monday night I went out with Amy. I figured it would be my last night out on the town because I should start stims on July 4. Those first couple of drinks made me a little nauseous. But, trooper that I am, I got past it and had a good time. Didn't get stupid drunk. Barely got intoxicated, I would say. My tab was $8. I mean, come on, that's nothing. Drank shitloads of water. Felt fine when I woke up. Then later that afternoon had a monster headache a stomach so messed up I was afraid to be too far from a toliet. So, thank you, Lupron. I didn't know you didn't like alcohol. Won't be doing that again.

I go in tomorrow morning for my suppression check. Everything seems to be going according to plan. I started what feels like a mini period yesterday, to my surprise. I thought my body would fuck that up too, and I'd be one of the weirdo patients who didn't have a period coming off the birth control. But I do! Which is perfect. I just hope everything goes according to plan for this cycle. I really, really do.

2 comments:

K8e said...

Sorry about your s/e but it seems like you are right on track! GL!!!!

Flutterby918 said...

Sounds like things are going well so far! GL!!