Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fert Report In!

So I feel better today. Not anywhere near 100%, but better. Like standing up and sitting back down aren't a big accomplishment accompanied with grunts and moans that take a couple of minutes. I got up to pee like 5 times last night. I hope that means the fluid intake is where it should be. Also, peeing? Better too. I'm still feeling a lot of pressure, but for the most part the pain is manageable. And I've shunned the heating pad because its like 105 degrees out there today and I'm already hot just from taking the dog out.

I got my phone call this morning on how many embies we have. Out of the 32 eggs retrieved, 26 were mature. Which is great. Fantastic! But, I have to admit, I was a little sad about those 6 eggs that weren't fully mature. I feel like they didn't have a chance to be all they could be. But! 26! No feeling sorry about that at all! That's an amazing number. I'm SO thankful so many were mature. Out of the 26 that were mature though, only 16 fertilized normally. Which - again - I'm thrilled about the number! That's a huge number and I know how lucky I am and I'm extremely thankful my body at least did this right. But at the same time, I'm a little sad about the 10 that were busts. But, this is the great thing about IVF - I'd rather these 10 go bust now than be doing an IUI where the 3 eggs released potentially all go bust/fertilize incorrectly and I end up miscarrying again. And, it's not like we don't have an awesome amount of embryos now that are growing for us. I really, really hope they all grow normally and we have a lot to freeze.

We have a Saturday appointment in case we do a 3 day transfer (and I found out the difference between a 3 day and a 5 day (according to Nurse D): a 3 day transfer happens when there aren't a lot of embryos to choose from. If there are a lot, they wait the two days to see which show themselves to be the best and the worst and then transfer the best back.) Nurse D said she was 95% sure that we would go to Monday, so I hope that's the case. She's been mostly right about a lot of things, so I hope this one goes in her favor.

So that's about all. I've been sleeping my ass off, chilling on the couch and reading and watching TV... I need to go catch up with everyone on my favorite board. Thanks to everyone who is thinking of us and our little embies! I'll keep you posted when I get news...

3 comments:

Hopeful34 said...

Hey!! This is excellent excellent excellent! Can't wait to hear more good news!! Congrats & GL!!

K8e said...

wow!!!!! great news!!!!!

Flutterby918 said...

Wow, that sounds great, can't wait to hear about how transfer goes. GL, GL, GL!!!