Monday, July 6, 2009

So Far, So Good!

My suppression check was Thursday. I had a follicle that was close to being too big (9.3mm; 10 would have been the limit) but my blood work came back within limits (estrogen was 55; 70 was the limit), so I got to start stims on the fourth (Wahoo! Independence Day! Freedom for ovaries and eggs! No, just kidding... But seriously, I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.) So, starting stims was exciting... in a very anti-climatic way. Just more shots. The mixing was interesting and fun, but the anxiety of making sure I was doing it right and making sure M got his meds every time he was supposed to kind of made it not as exciting. And it doesn't really feel like anything is very different than a normal IUI cycle. Of course since I stayed up all night worried about the IM shots, I know how different this cycle is going to be, it just doesn't feel like it yet.

I went in this morning to get my blood work checked (my mom came too because I thought we'd get a scan - half an hour after waiting, I was told that I wasn't going to get one... grr... they could have told me a little sooner.) So we'll see where we are and when my next check is. I'll update that info when I get it.

The weekend was nice. Hanging out with everyone in San Ann-tone was a lot of fun. We spent a lot of time by the pool and ate a lot of food, like we normally do when we go down there. We went to a little parade and ate homemade ice cream... see that? With the food there - yeah... a lot of food. I got a slight burn, even wearing SPF 70 sunscreen, but nothing too bad. Leinie had a blast with her brother, who Amy brought down as well. It was awesome for her to have a playmate - they kept each other occupied all weekend. It was super sweet to see her after he left though - she kept looking for him all over the house.

Now I have to go look for a job... I really need one, but, at the same time, am terrified of getting one. Terr-i-fied. I have no idea what I will be doing. At least with an office job, I kinda learned as I went, but this kind of thing is just completely different. And I'm a little freaked. Ugh, so now I need to figure out how to fake my way to actually getting a job and then fake my way along until I know what I'm doing.

1 comment:

K8e said...

GL with finding a new job and the new cycle!
The IM shots was not bad at all I was really surprised! I am excited to hear how your stimming goes! when is your first follie check?
I am glad you had a nice weekend!