Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ugh, Bloat

So I had another appointment today, complete with scan and bloodwork. I don't have my estrogen results yet (will update that later), but the scan was great! I had 35-40 follies total, with the largest ones being ~ 9-11mm (I cannot tell you how excited I am about the number of potential eggs I have!! Finally, something good about having PCOS! Now I just hope they all get good and mature and that all of the follies have eggs in them). Dr. H said everything looked perfect and that I was right on track.

I'm really starting to feel the bloat though. Man, oh man, with the increased appetite and now bloating, I can't even imagine what I'm going to feel like in the next several days. Don't get me wrong - I've been expecting this, and right now I don't feel worse than I have for my IUI's, but knowing its going to get worse has me a little worried. I know I'll survive though. And I know feeling like this is nothing compared to what I'll be getting out of this deal and will gladly put up with it. I just hope I can find pants to wear that keep me comfy during this process lol. I have a feeling my pajama pants and yoga pants will be getting a full run during the next couple of weeks.

And, I have to admit, I am super excited for Big Brother to start!!! Whee! I love that show. Poor M - he abhors all reality TV and these coming weeks will be a nightmare for him as I obsess about it. Oh well, at least I can watch the Tivo'ed episodes at home while he works.

I want to also thank the people who read this blog and leave comments - I appreciate all of your support throughout this process and reading your comments really brighten my day - so thank you!!

Oh, and I guess I should update the dog/house situation... We had a showing Monday and she liked it a lot and said she wanted to bring someone else by to see it again... we'll see. My hopes are no higher than the tops of my feet about this. But at least we had a showing. That's something. It seems like all of that has really slowed. We aren't even running out of flyers like we used to. It's discouraging, but I know it'll sell eventually (hopefully) and if not, I know we can live here without problem, until it does. Poor Leinie on the other hand... her UTI hasn't completely gone away. She finished off the round of meds over the weekend, and I noticed her squatting multiple times Monday and Tuesday, a sure sign that her infection is not completely gone. I called and the Dr. gave her another round of antibiotics. The problem is, the bacteria (e. coli) is very resistant to medicine which doesn't actually kill the bacteria - it just keeps them from reproducing. So until all the bacteria completely die off, as soon as the medicine stops, remaining bacteria will start growing again. Because she's so young, she can't be on a broader spectrum antibiotic that would kill the bacteria, and her immune and urinary systems are immature and unable to fight as hard to get rid of the infection. So, I'm glad she's back on the meds and I hope this round will wipe out all the remaining bacteria once and for all. Otherwise, we're looking at a very expensive, very time consuming process that will delay her potty training even more.

1 comment:

K8e said...

Those are great numbers for follicles! :)! The bloat is expected but totally sucky! Drink some Gatorade and less water it helps! I literally do not get 'dressed' unless I have to I wear nothing but sweats! Poor DH.
aw poor puppy! UTI s aren't fun for anyone!

Keep us updated! I'm excited for your new cycle!