Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So it'll either be a really happy birthday, or a really shitty one

Because August 12 is when my first ultrasound is. And my birthday is the 14th. So... yeah. I'm kinda freaked out because they didn't run a beta today, they just checked my estrogen to see if I was good to come off the patches, and apparently I am. Good. And coming off the patches. But no beta. They said they don't run them a third time if everything looked good before. And since my number more than doubled, they're going to assume that everything is gravy.

I'm just worried.

And now it feels like a long, long time to wait. At that u/s I should be 6w0d exactly. I don't know if they're expecting to see a heartbeat or not (but I'm pretty sure they are. Well, I hope so. Or, I should say, I hope we see one then. Otherwise I think it'll be another week of waiting.) I'm also worried because I feel a very noticeable lack of symptoms this fine day. My boobs didn't hurt this morning. Still no nighttime peeing. I wasn't really hungry this morning. And... my back hurts a lot and I'm having sharp pains in my lower abdomen. So. Yeah.

Why can't this be easy? Why can't I be like 24 weeks right now? Why can't I be less whiny and scared and freaked about all of this?

6 comments:

Aliki said...

I'm hating the wait too. I'll also be 6w0d at my u/s which is my next appt on 8/10, two days before you.

My boobs hurt on some days, not on others. I need to pee some nights, and not on others. My lower back is killing me, though. Every day that I dont have symptoms, I freak out.

Let's hope these weeks fly by to the second trimester, eh. Good luck.

Nerwal said...

you too! I'm glad there's someone so close to me that I can freak out with.

K8e said...

Hey! Don't worry I freak out all the time! I hope your u/s is perfect! I agree I wish I could be 24weeks and know everything was good! I feel like I am holding my breath to get past week 9 b/c after that m/c risk goes down!
Try to stay positive and trust your RE they would have done a beta if they were worried!
Symptoms coming and going is very normal in early pregnancy don't worry! All the books say that! Some days I feel terrible and some i feel fine! GL! And happy soon to be bday! I'm a Aug birthday too!
I am about a week ahead of you I guess? 7w 4days
GL!!!!!

Gina said...

The waiting sucks, and i'm sorry they didn't do a 3rd draw. The symptoms come and go, sometimes I didn't feel anything for 2-3 days and then it would be back full force.

I'm praying super hard for you and that you get to have an amazing birthday. I didn't have a 6w u/s because I was away, but I know that the 6th week every day counts. I did see the hb at my 7 week u/s.

susanc07 said...

they only did 3 betas on me b/c my 2nd one was slow to double. your numbers look great! GL at your u/s, and happy early birthday! i'm sure it will be great!

looking4#3 said...

I am sure you will get great news and have a fantastic birthday. Happy early Birthday!! Can't wait to hear all about that healthy LO you got there!