Thursday, October 1, 2009

13w1d

Yesterday we had our 13 week appointment. It was... kinda a let down. You see, we had just seen the babies on Monday. So I wasn't stressed or worried or anything. And they didn't have my blood work back from the NT scan, so we couldn't go over that, and they "misplaced" the paperwork that had the measurements from the NT scan so we couldn't go over that either... instead I got a STD test (required by the OB) and got to ask questions... Unfortunately we were seriously unprepared as we thought this appointment was going to be All About the NT Scan and we couldn't think of hardly any, aside from a couple flu shot questions. We DID get to hear the heartbeats on the Doppler, which I thought was totally cool, seeing as how I'm plumper than what could be considered as healthy weight. I didn't think we'd be able to hear anything until 14 weeks or so, but I was proven wrong. I also rocked in the weight department, as I only gained four pounds! Seeing as how I needed to lose 20-30 pounds before getting pregnant, I'm hoping that I'm gaining good weight and gaining less because I'm losing bad weight... if that makes sense? Anyway, since I'm actively not trying to not gain weight, I was shocked.

We have our next appointment in three weeks, at 16 weeks for... well, I'm not really sure. Well, I know they're going to take blood for the spina bifida test and that's about all I know. Every time we leave the doctor M and I look at each other and go... so what are we doing next time? Are we getting a scan? I hope we do so maybe we can get sexes? Although, I think it may be early for that and we might be stuck waiting until the next appointment.... which will be....

20 weeks! At that appointment we'll have the Big scan to check out organs and stuff like that.

And since I am inconsistent, here is the weekly check in I missed last week:

How far along? 13w1d; Hello Second Trimester!!! (well, I know, officially in two days, but whatevs)

Total weight gain/loss: +4 pounds!

Maternity clothes? I bought some $15 cord from Old Navy that I wore yesterday and had to keep pulling up because they were loose, but OMFG were they comfy. Much more so than the jeans I keep wearing with the rubber band through the button hole.

Stretch marks?
No

Sleep: Remarkably, pretty good. Still sleeping a lot despite rumors that the second tri leads to more energy.

Best moment this week: Seeing babies on the scan... watching them dance and wiggle was awesome. Also, hearing their heartbeats (one was in the 150's both times, the other in the 170's...)

Movement: No

Food cravings: Not really

Gender: Due to the heartbeat differences, I'm guessing and still hoping for one of each

Labor Signs: Or Pregnancy Symptoms: My nips are still sore, I get nauseous when I don't eat, I burp a lot, I have off and on back soreness, this morning I have this shooting pain near my belly button, I still sleep a lot, I'm still breaking out all over like a teenager, I'm still stuffy and congested, my boobs aren't bigger, my gums bleed easily, I still have super smelling abilities, and I'm still neurotic and anxious and nervous, but not nearly as much.

What I miss: Right now, steak (I like mine medium rare, so that's out). And Frosties. And Subway.

What I am looking forward to: Having the babies stay healthy. Telling people (M will start announcing tomorrow on his birthday and we'll tell my extended family on Sunday, my great-grandmother's birthday dinner... we'll also give the green light to family and friends who do know that they can tell whoever they want). Knowing the sexes and ... showing! I thought at first I would be like my mom was and show early but I think that was because of the PIO and all the bloatedness that came with it. Now, I'm afraid I'm going to be more like my sister who barely shows now at 24 weeks. She was still in pre-maternity clothes up until she was 5 1/2 months. So, we'll see... Right now, I just look... fat.

1 comment:

Aliki said...

Congrats on "coming out"! It's a big step! And congrats on making it to your second trimester, Lawren!

Also, totally jealous about your minimal 4 lb. weight gain with twins! I've gained 10 lbs.!! :/