Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Big Week for Us - 23w

So we moved.

And had my little sister's baby shower.

And, yeah. It's been a long week. We were unsure we were going to be closing Friday until... um Thursday night. And if we weren't going to be able to close Friday, we would have been homeless. Because we were to be out of our townhouse by Sunday midnight. So... yeah. It was stressful. But we moved. And we're here. Thank fucking god.

As far as moving while pregnant (with twins anyway)... I strongly advise against it. My feet. My back. I didn't lift more than a couple of (light!) boxes and was worn out. My fingers and feet are still swollen. My body has just ached every night. My feet haven't hurt so badly since... well, probably since I started waiting tables and worked a double. And I'm SO glad we had as much help as we did. My MIL and her husband came into town, my parents and my SIL (for a couple of hours) all helped out so I could go to the shower and could do as little as possible as far as lifting boxes and over doing it. My next appointment is next week - no u/s, just a regular check up, but with my swelling and back pains and all the exerting of myself (and there was something else I wanted to talk to her about, but for the life of me can't remember - oh! Two hours later I remember! My joints... I swear it feels like I've started getting arthritis.) I'm curious if she'll give me one anyway. I've also noticed what feels like a lack of movement. I swear they were moving around a lot more (or I was feeling them a lot more) last week. So that has me considerably worried, as you can imagine. But, I just keep telling myself that it's normal not to feel a lot right now and that the movement I do feel can vary. Of course, once next week's appointment is over and I know everything is good, I'll feel a ton better. (Did I even need to say that? Isn't that kinda a no duh kinda thing? lol)

There's still so much work to do. We have repairs a contractor will be doing (sometime, if he ever calls...grrr...) and then a painter will be painting almost the entire house - so we're half unpacked and unable to hang things or unpack decor. And we have furniture I want to buy from San Antonio (I need to order it)... the furniture we're getting is a living room set - so our TV is sitting on the floor. And our electronics are just kinda... laying around. It's so fun. AND on top of all that, we still have a 10x10 storage unit filled to the brim (seriously; wall to wall, floor to ceiling) that still needs to come over. So. Yeah. Whew. We have a ton to get done.

My sister's shower was in the middle of the big move Saturday, so I got to take a three hour break and go have some fun. See the pic below for me and my sister, belly to belly.

She is right about 10 weeks ahead of me, with one. And I was 22w3d. Which put her at around 33 weeks. So yeah. Apparently, I am big or she is small, or a little bit of each; for our respective dates. She IS a lot smaller than me, normally, not pregnant. Like, a lot. So that is also a part of it, I'm sure. And, the outfit I was planning on wearing was packed in with the movers, so this is a non-maternity, wore it the day before, shirt, which was a hell of a lot nicer than the shirt I was wearing that day (a long sleeved Green Bay packer grey tee). So I love seeing how the bottom of my shirt was... pulling up. Cuz I kept pulling it down, for all the good it did lol.

So I'm exhausted. And trying to chillax for the rest of the week and get a little bit done every day.

No comments: