Tuesday, December 15, 2009

23w5d

We had an exciting weekend. I had my first official freak out. And it was really nothing. And I feel really dumb about it.

Since early Friday afternoon I had been having this sharp stabby pain in my lower left belly area - kinda next to my hip - and after chilling on the couch with water for several hours (like 5 or 6) it hadn't gone away and was coming regularly... so I'm all freaked and call my doctor's office after hours (which is really the emergency line) and talk to a doctor who tells me to go to the hospital. Well, they couldn't really figure out what was causing the pain - no contractions after monitoring me for about an hour, cervix long and closed, babies were doing fine, u/s showed nothing except a slightly enlarged kidney. The only other thing was that I was (TMI) slightly constipated (so embarrassing) and after going felt better even though the pain didn't go away entirely, it slacked off in intensity and occurrence.

The nurse thought it was just round ligament pains, which is probably all it was. Combined with the poop thing. M keeps telling me my poop at the hospital was the most expensive poop taken. We'll see when the bill comes in. I came home that night after finding out there wasn't anything wrong and begging to be let go so I could sleep in my own bed (they wanted to keep me overnight - yuck). I felt better the rest of the weekend, no pain or anything, just a mild case of embarrassment.

I still can't decide if it was the smart thing to do because what if something really had been wrong, or if I just over- reacted. I feel slightly dumb and dramatic about it all. And betrayed by my own body, cause I couldn't tell what was happening and if something was seriously wrong or not. But I'm glad the babies are ok.

So other than that, I've been doing pretty well. The babies seem pretty active. The weather is totally screwing with my allergies and making me feel like I'm constantly fighting something off, which isn't fun. I've been sleeping a lot and eating a lot. And have been hormonal - crying easily (I'm such a cliche); yesterday while unpacking the master bath I started crying listening to Christmas music. It was Amy Grant's Mary's Song. Oh, and I can't believe I almost left this very important aspect out - when I was in the hospital, the ultrasound tech told us we were having two girls. WHAT?!??!? We kindly asked her to revisit things and double check and she said that one of the could be a boy, but that we won't know for sure until around 30 weeks or so. Um... ok? So now I'm officially on hiatus from buying anything.

The house is slowly coming together. I ordered the furniture we want, the repairs are under way so soon we can get the house painted, which I'm looking forward to. I really think it'll freshen things up and make the house look new. THEN we can get all our stuff from storage... and finish the unpacking.

No comments: