Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Xmas!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

We had some immediate family over for Christmas Eve Chili and Shrimp (a tradition) and it was a really nice excuse to get the house cleaned up somewhat. It really gave us an idea of what it will feel like once everything is done and we can move in all the way.

We had a great Christmas day; my step-sister-in-law had her baby on Christmas Eve (which I totally called... she was due on the 19th and wanted her to come earlier to hopefully not have her birthday so close to Christmas... and I said, well, she'll probably be born on Christmas Eve - ha! I love being right...).

We spent time with my family and had a great lunch and got lots of baby stuff. Our family normally does a white elephant gift exchange, but since both my little sister and I are pregnant, everyone chipped in and gave up their own gifts to give us baby gifts - it was a total shock. It was like my little sister and I had a surprise, joint baby shower on Christmas day! I couldn't believe the generosity of everyone to forfeit receiving anything so we could get baby stuff. And we got some good stuff too... a ton of clothes and the swing, a diaper genie, a play mat, and diapers, among other things. All very badly needed items.

We are also getting closer to the baby shower - it feels a lot closer as opposed to some far off thing that will happen in the future. It's now just a little over a month away! And, as much as I hate attention focused on me, I'm getting excited about it and just hope people come. I'm editing the registry and trying to make sure I have everything I need; we seem to be in good shape, thanks to very generous friends of ours who have a three year old and want to give us, well, everything. They don't plan on having more children and so far plan on giving us a full bedroom set (crib, dresser and changing table) play-yard, two convertible car seats and an infant car seat, toys, clothes, sheets, blankets, towels, a single stroller, a baby carrier, a Medela breast pump, bottles, cups, silverware... basically, just about everything we could possibly want. These are super close friends of ours (she's throwing us the shower as well) and so we feel comfortable with this stuff (like the crib and car seat) because we know they haven't been in a car accident and that they take care of their stuff. (Although we plan on buying two infant car seats just so we don't have to screw around with the different car seat bases.) There's still stuff we want/need, but they are really setting us up. We have the greatest friends ever.

I am feeling... heavier. My joints still hurt and I feel swoll in my hands a lot. And have had some issues this past week with the digestive process. Specifically, the end of that process. I haven't been able to poop! And it's been bad... and painful. There might have been an over-flowing toilet and the plunger has gotten a work out this past week. I started incorporating more fiber into my diet, when I noticed the problem - to no avail. I finally added some stool softeners to help things along. M is in charge of making sure I go at least once a day (which is difficult for me - I was never that regular even before). So that's my new goal. And hopefully the end of my problem there as I still have a long way to go.

The house is coming along. Painters started painting TODAY (!!!!) and so it really feels like we'll soon be able to get things set up and actually unpack everything and make the house really feel like home.

No comments: