Monday, January 25, 2010

Because I'm a List Maker

I thought I'd enlighten everyone with my list of questions for the prospective pediatrician of the babies.

- How many appts. in the first year
- How do we make sick baby appts.
- Is someone on call nights/weekends? Is there a fee for calling?
- Immunization schedule
- Does hospital call her to come see baby?
- Average wait time in waiting room
- Practice if babies are premature?
- Separate sick/well waiting areas?
- I plan to breastfeed; is there a LC available with the practice? Someone you recommend?
- SOP for developmental checkups – are there tests you run?
- Will we see you (the doctor) or Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (PNPs); what type of appt would we see which?
- Affiliated with which hospital?
- What symptoms warrant a phone call or appointment?
- Average length of appointment times – will mine be longer if charged/booked for twins? Squeezed into one appointment time? Will they book back to back appts?
- How much time blocked out during the day for 'sick' kids?

I also have a crotch-care list (or links to lists that I've researched) just in case. But I'll post that later.

Update on babies and me!

How far along? 29w5d
Total weight gain/loss: Ignorance is bliss... but people tell me that I'm all belly and my doctor is happy with my weight, so...
Maternity clothes? All the time. Except some yoga pants that I can fold down.
Stretch marks? I am genetically disadvantaged... I discovered some two weeks ago that have only gotten bigger and invited friends to come.
Sleep: I sleep a lot... and get up a lot at night to pee and pop Tums. Joy.
Best moment this week: We had the 4D ultrasound today! It was super exciting to see their faces.
Movement: Everyday! I feel rolls and limbs and body parts pushing out.
Food cravings: I like beef. And ice cream. And just about everything.
Gender: One of each!
Labor Signs: None that I know of, thank god. And it can stay that way thankyouverymuch.
What I miss: Um... getting up without grunting and it taking 5 freaking minutes... not waking up to roll over...
What I am looking forward to: My baby shower on Feb 6
Milestones: 30 weeks Wednesday! Wahoo!

No comments: