Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Plans are Fun and Good

so I guess i should start with the weekend... my friend Sarah came over to learn Adobe InDesign. We went to dinner and then spent a couple of hours going over the program. She wants to learn it so she can put it on her resume. We went to bed early... ten o'clock. and slpet until ten o'clock. I am really worried about being pregnant. I know you're supposed to be really tired and stuff, but if I can easily sleep 12 hours a night, how much more will I want to get while pregnant?!? Jeebus. Anyway, so Saturday we met my family up at a ghetto Chinese food buffet to see my great grandmother's sister, Aunt Katie. It was pretty fun. My grandmother, great grandmother, aunt and her husband and family and my uncle were there. My cousin (fourth removed) was there as well as my uncle's mom. Sunday we went to look at Amy and Ponch's storage space. I am very proud of myself. I packed up my shoes and organized the rest of them and cleaned out my drawers and under the bed. It was a lot of work! Marc had President's Day off (bastard!) and so he hung out at home and played computer games. I had a pap smear (fun!) Monday afternoon and then went by Half Priced Books to pick up some goodies. I got 9 books! I was excited. I then went home and played the Sims. I'm starting to get really excited about NY! I'll have to pack sometime and try not to mess up my newly organized closet and drawers. I weighed myself the other day and realized that the weight I gained, and then lost, I have regained. It was only 5-10 pounds, but that number made me stop and freak out a little bit. So I lost the weight and now have officially gained it back. I really need to start eating better. I realized I was gaining it back when I felt my clothes getting tight. *sigh* Marc says I need to cut out the sweets. Which I totally do. I know they are part of the reason I'm so large and I need to stop eating them everyday (cuz I do. Everyday. Desserts are a normal part of a meal for me). I'm kinda bummed about that... that and knowing that in NYC I will be a cow. I know most people there do not weight as much as I do and I'm kinda bummed about being this big and going on this trip. Jen (who we're going to NYC with and her husband Alex) has recently started taking that Alli stuff and has lost like 30 pounds!!! She looks great. All I can think about is that I wish I could have lost that much weight. She's only been doing it since January. I'm so jealous, but I know I shouldn't take anything while trying to get pregnant. Ugh... I keep dreaming about my treadmill being up and running and using it. Now that I have my iPod, I need to make a playlist and start excercising on my own outside. :P I hate excercise.

But onto the good news! The plan! So, at the RE's yesterday, I talked to the nurse about which plan we should do (monitored, what dosage, etc) for this upcoming cycle and she said she would talk it over with the doctor and see what she said. My history of having been on Clomid with little to no results led me to think that it would be best if I was on a higher dosage and was monitored as to not waste money and to just get it going...

As a back note - my history includes 10 days of 10mg of Provera with a round of Clomid at 50mg. My progesterone came in at around 1.2. No ovulation. The second round was 10 mg of Provera to induce a period, then 75mg of Clomid. The progesterone level that time was 3.1. Also, not good. But I think it was positive to see that my levels went up with a higher dosage.

The nurse freaked me out a bit by mentioning starting me on 50mg of clomid and timed sex (you can only take a limited amount of Clomid, so by doing that would waste a month... my RE said 6 cycles was the limit.) I told her I didn't think that would be a good thing - she looked it over and told me we could see what the doctor suggested (yes, please!) So she called today and the doctor said that the monitored high level Clomid (100 mg) would be the best course of action! Yippee! So come day 1 of the period, or day 35, something will start!

No comments: