Friday, February 15, 2008

Stuff Happening..

So, I guess, Happy Valentine's Day! We went to Taste of Texas (ToT) for dinner where they do not take reservations, so we actually sat down at around 9ish, after a two hour plus wait. We shopped at Bed Bath and Beyond, but since none of us had our handy, dandy 20% off coupons, we didn't buy anything. So, we stuffed ourselves on fantastic steak. Oh my fucking god I love that place. So good. I got roses (aww.. what a sweet husband)(but I knew I was getting flowers - kinda takes the surprise out of things; in fact I told my Marc not to buy me flowers anymore, because they were expensive ($50) and just died and I thought there were things I would much rather have for $50. So no flowers for me anymore, unless by surprise and then I told him I like tulips. So if he's confused would you blame him? Heehee.) Anyway, work sucked major ass yesterday. I was sucked into a long phone call right at five o'clock and couldn't leave, at which time traffic sucked some major balls. Took me about an hour to get home. Uck.

We heard back from the doctors about Marc's SA and the rest of my bloodwork - Marc is a rockstar with supersperm! My horomones are normal! (I don't know that Marc would agree with that, but what does he know? The blood, it does not lie!) So now we have a super game plan. Yay me/us. i'm just excited to know things aren't as bad as they could be and actually seem like they could be ok! I just feel very positive.

On the downside, having to tell my boss about this stuff, without actually going into details about why I have so many doctors appointments, pretty much sucked. I was just trying to be helpful and informative. I don't know the schedule yet but will let him know... And Jen, my friend and bosses boss, was brought into it and she just kinda was like well, I'll guess you'll have to use PTO because its hour by hour now. The whole thing just kinda pissed me off. I knew that wasn't right, and because I'm exempt, I actually think its illegal. But whatever. I talked to the exec HR lady and she cleared things up for me. I just need to make up my time. If its less than four hours, no vacation. So there. That's what I thought. And Jen knows I can and will work from home and make sure I have all my shit done. I mean I don't punch a fucking clock, but can. Because I work my fair share of overtime. Just because she works from 7:30 to 5 and through lunch doesn't mean we all have to. And just because Jeff works from 9 till 6 or whenever and never sees me here before 8 doesn't mean I'm not here! Ugh. Not everyone is a super, over acheiver like her. And not everyone is super busy all the time. Give me some fucking work to do. Its what I'm here for.

Wow. So when did this become a rant? Ok. *breath out* Feel better now. Anyway, so yay, everything seems to be going well. We'll start things on my next cycle, the March cycle. If I don't start on my own, we'll start with Provera, like I've done before. An ultrasound. Then onto Clomid and then, with an LH surge, the IUI. If I don't ovulate with the Clomid (My history is two cycles with 50mg and 75mg, both with disappointing results - little to no ovulation) then I'll be more monitored and we'll get into measuring follicle size and trigger shots that will force my body to ovulate and then the IUI. So, yeah. Stuff going on. Hopefully. And hopefully all this will work miracles and I'll be knocked up.

No comments: