Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ready, Set, Not

So this week has been horrible already. I went to the doctor on Monday for a checkup to see how my follicles were growing. They aren't. So the cycle was cancelled.

From what they said, no growth of follicles means that the likelihood of ovulation is very slim. I'm totally bummed out. Depressed. This sucks. It's so frustrating to be so close to having something actually happen. But instead we're stuck in a waiting pattern. Only my pattern is forever long - 5 weeks (May 12) is my estimate to start my cycle again. Looking at my calendar and realizing that if I were normal my period would most likely start after day 28 - April 21 - sucks.

The plan:
- Day 35 (I'm at CD16 today...) with a negative HPT, call in for a prescription of Provera
- 10 days on Provera
- ~4 days until my period actually starts (this would be the middle of May now)
- Go in for cyst-checking u/s CD 2-4; if we're good, then
- 150mg Clomid on CD 5-9
- u/s ~CD 10
- u/s ~CD 14 (this is where I was on Monday and 7 weeks from now)

So 7 weeks until my new cycle day 14... where I left off. Bleh. If that doesn't work, we have been advised that IVF would be the best option for me, PCOS girl. We have been thinking that IVF would be the last possible resort, and never thought that it would ever get that far. So now the possibility of selling our house while TTC and possibly spending tens of thousands of dollars doing so... It's worrisome that we will go into debt, or have to get a cheaper house because we will have gone through our down payment money.

This is supposed to be the cheap, hell - the FREE part of having a kid! No birth control pills, no condoms, etc - hah!

I'm pretty sure that if the higher dosage of Clomid doesn't work out, we're going to try injectibles (FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) injectibles/stims -they go by many names). The RE says that girls with PCOS aren't a good candidate for injectibles because we have so MANY follicles, that injectibles would cause all of them to possibly release an egg, which could lead to high # multiples - which is not something we want - if they even let the cycle continue; they would most likely cancel the cycle due to over-stimulation of the follicles. But, in my thinking, there is no guarantee that that would happen (every body is different) and since it's a fuck load cheaper than IVF, I'm thinking we're going to try that if this cycle doesn't pan out and see.

No comments: