Friday, May 16, 2008

La De Da

Pretty much describes my mood, even with waking up pretty grouchy.

Could have something to do with the new purse that is heading my way... (please be as totally super cute in real life as you are on my monitor!)

Could have something to do with the fact that I pretty much blew off a good 1-1.5 hours with my boss/friend just gabbing this morning...

Could have something to do with the fact that we have a pretty busy weekend ahead of us, which is usually pretty fun...

OR it could be the fact that I got my injectibles in! They came into my work and are all official and serious looking the package that says "personal and confidential" and "refrigerate upon arrival". The nosy receptionist asked about them, to which I proudly said: It's medicine! She was sorry she asked.

I told another person about our IF yesterday. It just feels good to talk about it. She sits in the cube right next to mine, so I know she can pretty much overhear all the talk about stuff when I call the RE and notices when I come in late due to "Dr's Appts" all the time. She had a friend go through IF, so she understands a lot of it (as much as she can - she's in her 30's, not close to being married and kinda thinks that if kids are in her future, she might have to go down this path). She's incredibly sweet and I know she'll be supportive and nice about the whole thing, so it's a good thing.

I definitely feel a lot more open about everything, after telling Marc's mom about it. We aren't sure we are going to be able to go down to San Antonio next weekend and didn't want to just leave her hanging, so we let them know. I think we'll slowly start letting more people know. We're getting more comfortable with everything ourselves, which makes us more comfortable in talking about it to other people.

I'm just happy I'm in an overall good mood. I think this weekend, if I get the opportunity, I'll drink, but not too much, and then abstain until I know what's going on - if the cycle goes forward I'll wait until I know whether it worked. I know some people are very strict with their alcohol intake and have completely cut themselves off (more power to them), but I don't feel like that is necessary, and my doctor has not put those restrictions on me. So I'll wait and try to have a relaxing weekend. The sooner the weekend is over, the sooner next week gets here and we'll know more and hopefully be able to have something happen! Like an IUI!

No comments: