Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Plan! New Plan!

So, as I mentioned yesterday, I was NOT too excited to begin this cycle. I knew the Clomid wouldn't really work, since I have not responded well from it in the past. So! This morning! I had the rule-out-cysts ultrasound which basically is an ultrasound to make sure I don't have any cysts on my ovaries (because then they wouldn't give me any Clomid and the cycle would be cancelled (I think - if I had one I was going to ask about alternatives)) but I didn't have any cysts! Yay for that! First victory-o-the-day!

So then, in talking to the ultrasound technician, we talked about my last cancelled cycle and how Dr. C (not my doctor) had talked to me about moving straight onto IVF and how I knew I would definitely NOT do that, as I believe every body is different and I would like to try to injectibles to see how I respond to that first. And she mentioned doing a COMBINATION cycle of Clomid and injectibles! It's more aggressive, but the doctor gave the ok and after talking to the tech, she said she thought it would give me a nice little "boost" to the Clomid, so I was SOLD! And it's a nice intermediary step from just Clomid/IUI to injectibles/IUI. Apparently, the clinic hasn't done a lot of these and the process is pretty new, but I'm going to do it! It cost a little more money, but since we had a credit from the last cycle, it got applied to that.

I'm so excited about this cycle now. I couldn't believe it when she said the doctor gave his ok. I'm still on a monitored cycle, but the clinic is ordering my meds which I'll have shipped to my work and then my next appointment will be Monday, the 19th. I'll be taking Clomid CD 3-7 instead of 5-9 and I won't be getting 150mg like I was going to, they're going to give me 100mg, like last time. I'll do the injectibles CD 8-9 and then go back on CD 10. All my appointments will now also be accompanied with a blood draw to check estrogen levels.

So now, I'm just hoping my body does what it's supposed to with all of the new medications. I'm so excited about a new process and that I was listened to about my pessimism about the Clomid and my body's response to it.

No comments: