Monday, June 30, 2008

I made this IUI my bitch today

So we had IUI#2 today. Fuck Yeah. I kicked its bitch-ass butt. For reals yo. I'm now experiencing some light cramping - pretty much exactly like the first IUI. No swimming, no hot baths, no exercise. Marc made a smart ass comment about how that last one 'wouldn't be a problem for me' not-so-subtly referring to the fact that I don't exercise. So, now onto the dreaded two week wait. Before, I was all paranoid about when I would test, but this time, I'm just kinda feeling like I'll get my period if I don't get pregnant. It's nature time now. I talked to my gut a little and told the eggs to be nice and the sperms to be aggressive and infiltrating and all that nasty, hostile, take-over stuff that is so boy-like. And I told my eggs to take it and like it and be owned. So, we'll see what happens. I'm strangely optimistic. The nurses made me feel really good about how I'm going to get pregnant tonight (the egg and sperm join) and then in 3-5 days the egg/sperm will make a nice home on the wall of my uterus. So, I feel like that will happen. Homework tonight and tomorrow, just like last time.

This weekend was fun. Sarah came over to learn to play Halo, spent the night and then got stranded the next day because her car wouldn't start. It was a huge pain in the ass. We had a doctor's appointment on Saturday and when we came back with breakfast, Sarah tried to leave and we got ready to leave for Alex's Citizen party. Of course that was all for nothing as we stayed and waited with Sarah for a tow truck and mechanic until 1. I felt horrible. Absolutely horrible. We left her. I am a sucky, sucky friend because I left her and because I wasn't able to help Jen get ready for the party. We sucked. I was so irritated at myself and the whole situation. Couldn't look at or do anything but be mad a frustrated and guilty. Anyway, ten minutes after we left the tow truck showed up. After waiting for hours, it finally came. Figures. Hopefully her car is getting better and will be drivable today. She'll probably never want to come over again, but at least she played Halo once.

Alex's party was fun. We swam. I got burned. I played with Anthony. I triggered. The Saturday morning appointment showed that I had on the right follicle a 18.8 and 15.2mm and on my left follicle a 19.1mm. My estrogen levels jumped to 1,112 and my lining was "nice and thick with a triple something pattern". So, yay! I also had around 20 smaller follicles on each ovary, some in the 12mm range, which kinda freaked me out. No high order multiples, please!

Sunday was movie day for us. We saw Wall-E and Wanted. Both good. Wall-E was cute and 'adult', and Wanted was a lot better than I thought it would be. It was a lot of fun and Marc and I both really enjoyed it. We also saw the first 10 minutes of Get Smart, and I have to say - I wasn't impressed. And so, another week begins, albeit a short week. Thank god the Fourth of July is this week. We plan on trekking up to San Antone to see Marc's mom and step dad and swim, hang out and have a good time. I'm very excited about that. We leave Thursday night. Hopefully the work week will be pretty slow and I'll have a nice, easygoing two week wait.

No comments: