Wednesday, July 2, 2008

TMI

So I had my IUI on Monday. Monday night I had extreme pain down there. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have (see title before reading further - you've been warned) a badly infected hair follicle. Oh yes. One might call what I have a boil (but that sounds gross, so we'll just say 'an infection' mmmk?) down there. So infected in fact, my lymph nodes are screaming and it hurts to do anything resembling walking and sitting. Being horizontal is nice though. I am on antibiotics and a hot compress routine (which is pretty difficult thing to do at work). I need to buy some yogurt to fight off any other down there problems that may arise from the antibiotics.

So won't this be a funny pregnancy story? I am being fully optimistic at this point. I am pregnant, or will shortly be. The zygote is traveling out of the fallopian tube to make a nice home on my lovely triple-patterned uterine lining.

We are on our way to SA this weekend (tomorrow, in fact) which means I'll need to do some packing and cleaning and laundry tonight. Fun! I'm not sure if I can go swimming what with the infection and the recent procedure as I call it to my boss who doesn't really know whats going on with me.

I also realize I've been gaining weight at an astounding rate. And I want a cookie cake. So there's that. I'm not so slowly outgrowing my pants. All my 'big' work pants are now my regular pants. It's mighty uncomforatble. I need to chill with the eating of whatever I want.

No comments: