Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beta #4 Today

I'm waiting on my phone call. I don't really know how to feel. I'm kinda numb. It's weird, because I have all these pregnancy "symptoms", yet the knowledge that this could turn out to be something terrible casts this horrible shadow over everything. I can't really be excited. I'm not really expecting any kind of answer today. I know that I'll most likely go in next Monday for a scan. I just don't know how to be. Positive, at the risk of yet another crushing number? Negative, so I'm expecting it, but possibly making my own fear come to life? I still have hope. Barely. I didn't realize how much I didn't have until yesterday when I was telling J about it.

And I already know I'm going to miss this feeling. Knowing that there is life inside me. Waking up every morning and feeling pregnant. All the symptoms throughout the day that go along with a pregnancy. Knowing that I'll get to have a baby of my own within 9 months.

No comments: