Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Long time coming

I've been busy. Very busy. Vacationing and all tends to bring out the busy-ness. Even for the unemployed.

So the last IUI did not work, which should be no surprise to anyone. I started my period VERY early this time. Two weeks from my IUI would have been Wednesday, Oct 15. I was scheduled for my beta on the 14th. I started spotting Friday the 10th and had full blown AF by Saturday. And, to this day, I'm still spotting. Oh, yes. It was heavy and clot-ty. My theory that my uterus was contracting still holds. I was sore the entire rest of the week and have banned myself and Marc to pelvic rest to make sure this doesn't happen again. My paranoia is also up after this. Like I was meant to get pg with that IUI but for some reason my body said no. Bastard uterus. I don't really feel like there's an alternative explanation.

I went in on Monday to see if I could get another IUI in, even with my vacation from the 15th to the 20th. They would have let me, but lo and behold I had cysts. So, I'm now on a break cycle. Whoo-hoo. The next day I went in and spoke to Dr. McKenzie about IVF. Marc did not go with me (which resulted in a huge fight that evening) but we have decided to move forward with it. It will be EXPENSIVE. We applied for Shared Risk, but was told that we need another test before we are approved or not. So, as soon as I get my period, I'm going to call early and request a hysteroscopy, which will basically take a look around my ute and make sure there are no cysts or fibroids there. If there are, I will have to undergo surgery to have them removed. If its clear, which I'm praying it will be, we re-apply and wait to hear back from IntegraMed to see if we're approved. Then starts the fun stuff...

I'm quite ready to get this show on the road. I hope and figure that I'll have the ER and ET in between Christmas and New Years. We'll see what happens.

So, as I mentioned before, we also just got back from vacation! We went to Door County Wisconsin to a sweet B&B in Sister Bay for a while. It was awesome. We happened to be there during the Fall (Down Drunk) Fest, so there was plenty to do. We got to see a lighthouse, go to a vineyard and overall, just relax. We also got to do lots of shopping! It was a blast. Since our return Monday, I've been doing laundry and stocking up on groceries.

Today is also me and Marc's 3rd Anniversary. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have found my husband, who is the best person I know. I cannot wait to start a family with him and to grow and love him for many years to come. I love you, baby. Thank you for the past three wonderful years, for standing by my side and being there for me when I needed you, when I wanted you and even when I took advantage of you and behaved like a spoiled brat. Thank you for overlooking my flaws and loving me with them. Thank you for understanding me.

No comments: