Saturday, July 11, 2009

From Friday

I had another check Friday morning and my estrogen was 1671. Whoo-hoo! Everything looks like it's still on track. I'm not sure about the follie count, but it did seem to me that I didn't have as many measurable follies as I should. She counted maybe three on each ovary that was over 10, but then said there were around 12 more on each that was under. Which has me slightly worried, but there's not much I can do about it. I go back on Monday to see where we are then. I'm guessing I should be getting ready to trigger, and will most likely trigger Monday or Tuesday. I think its kinda funny that I am not triggering tonight like some people thought I would - I guess my body isn't as predictable as they thought. I'm not upset by any means - is there is any chance that stimming a little longer means more mature eggs of better quality (and I'm not saying that it does, in fact no one ever told me that, it's just something I feel to be true - I'd rather trigger on the average middle day than go at the earliest possible), I'll take it. So Monday we get a better idea.

I am definitely feeling pressure in my abdomen, in the ovary area almost all the time. The bloat isn't constantly bad - I feel it at certain times, but not always. I have to say, I really thought I'd be feeling worse by now. I guess I just prepared myself for the worst possible, and I just keep waiting for it to get there. (Not that I'm complaining that it's not there now...) Dr. M said Sunday (tomorrow) I should really start to feel it... She did the scan Friday, which I was happy about. M had to be at work early so was unable to be there and was sad to miss seeing Dr. M and being there for the scan. My lining was 9.8mm - she said they like to see at least 7 for transfers, so I'm golden there. It should get even thicker - the better for my little em-babies to implant into.

I also realized something with all the timing of things. I kept worrying that I would get pregnant and we would still be in this house and not have space, that we would still be trying to sell it with a newborn, and I wouldn't get to decorate a nursery because we had to keep it neutral, etc. etc. but... now I'm glad its working out this way. I just keep thinking, well, if we have two then that could change a lot of things for us... the house we buy (and where and how big and how much), if I'm going to work, the car we buy, everything (especially if there's even a question of me going back to work). And so I realized that maybe the timing IS perfect because we need to know how many babies we're going to have right now before doing all these big things. Because, and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but this will be the only round of IVF we do. We can't afford to do this again. If we have frozen, we might try for siblings, but we're both ok with only having one child. So unless we get two with this one shot, we most likely won't have another. Which is kinda sad, but makes a big difference in future plans. So if the universe wants the timing to be so we know what to better plan for... I'm ok with that. But it better get it's butt in gear once we know.

No comments: