Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Transfer was Yesterday

So, technically, I'm pregnant! With two embryos!

We got the grades on our transfer - 4AA and 4AA! As Dr. M said there were two superstars in the bunch, so we transferred those.
So what do you think? A boy and a girl? Both boys? Both girls? These two are currently residing in my lovely ute, hopefully snuggling in for the long haul. We're still waiting to hear how many will make it to freeze. We know that two will definitely be going (4BB's) but there are 5 others that could also make it. We'll see. At this point, I'm just thrilled with the two and know I'm lucky to have that many.
Below is a picture of my uterus, and circled in green are the superstars and an air bubble. Woohoo! My uterus is on the Internet! The green arrow is pointing to my very full bladder, for which there is a very embarrassing story to go along with.

Embarrassing Bladder Story: So we do the transfer. It's easy as pie. My cervix is a cooperating rockstar. I feel no pain except the very pressing need to pee. Which is normal - they do that on purpose. So I drank all the water I'm supposed to. My appointment is at 1:15. We don't get seen until 1:40. Um... they realize I'm sitting here with a full bladder, no? But, I survive and hold it. We got talk to Dr. M. I get changed and we get all set up. Transfer, yay! Then they catheterize me. To relieve my bladder. Let me tell you, this is not the same comfort as peeing (although the catheter part itself - not as painful as I'd anticipated). The act of peeing - well, its just better. But, soon enough, my bladder empties and they leave me and M in there - I'm supposed to chill horizontally for an hour. Well, when I drink a bunch of water like that, before long, I have to pee again. So, before I know it, I'm sitting there with a full bladder - again. But can't get up. So they bring me a bed pan. It's not an old fashioned kind - it's a smaller kind. She positions it and tells me to let loose. So I do. I pee. And pee. And pee. And feel so. much. better. 5 minutes later, I'm peeing again! Man, water just goes through me. So she comes to take it away. And I realize, that I have peed all over myself. There is pee up my back, soaking my shirt. I have no idea what happened. Did the bed pan malfunction? Was it not situated correctly? Was it overflowing? I don't know but do know that I walked out of there with a hospital gown and my pants on. I think people think I was escaping or something.

So that's the story of my transfer. I go in for a blood test Wednesday the 29th to see what has happened. I have to admit, now that they're in me, I feel all responsible. Before, someone else was taking care of them and making sure that nothing horrible happened, but now its all me and my bed resting self, who is supposed to be at a 45 degree angle. Not 90. No strain on the ute. Maybe it needs another Valium?

3 comments:

Gina said...

YAY for your 2 rock stars!!! I know that they are getting all squishy and snuggly in there right now as I type.

I say baby A looks like a girl and baby B looks like a boy :o)

Sorry about the pee issues, I will blame it on bed pan malfunction, lol.

K8e said...

GL GL GL!!!!! I hope that you have VERY sticky embabies!!!!! Keep us updated on the 2ww!!!

AsheAnn said...

woohoo. i am so happy for you and your dh. :) many blessings!