Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Chance at Hope

The post I originally wanted to write would have been full of hope. We passed our milestone yesterday and saw both babies heartbeats. We heard one, pumping away at a beautiful 103 bpm. We were joyous. Laughing, crying... we couldn't believe we landed on the good side of a percentage again. We told M's mom. We told our friends who knew we were pregnant already. We were so excited.

Maybe too excited.

I woke up with blood in my underwear. Blood, again. We've been to the RE's office for another scan, although by the time we got there, the bleeding had gone. Once again, no blood coming from the uterus and both babies are fine. *breathe* I can't begin to tell you how stressed and anxious these "episodes" have made me. I was sure I was losing them, each time. I still question everything I feel or don't feel. If I can just make it through this week. And then the next. M came home to take me to the doctor. He's my hero. I'm so glad he was there.

In good news, we got to see both babies, measure both heartbeats this time (A: 112; B: 99) and get more pictures. It's amazing to see the difference in growth in less than 24 hours. Right now they're a grain of rice. And I'm scared shitless, but so thankful everything seems to be good (for now).

And now, because I know you want to see, a picture from yesterday at 6w0d.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm really sorry about the spotting. It's shitty and I hope it ends for good, like now.

Your babies are beautiful :o)