Saturday, August 8, 2009

Scary night and an Update

So last night, I'm sitting on the couch, eating too much ice cream and I feel a gush. Go to the bathroom and all I see is bright red blood. A lot of it. I tell M that I'm bleeding. It takes a second for him to understand. I have him call the on call nurse at the clinic. And she tells me to skip the Lovenox and baby aspirin and take it easy and stay hydrated. I make an appointment to come in this morning for a scan.

I didn't sleep. I cried all night long, sure I was losing this baby. My third miscarriage. The blood kept coming, with waves of pain and cramping in my back and abdomen. I passed a few clots and thought this was it.

We went to the clinic and got a scan. I'm only 5w3d today. But, good news. No bleeding from the uterus. I couldn't believe it. And, there are two sacs. M kept saying I can't believe you're doing this to me.

I can't believe I'm not miscarrying them. But as happy as I am about there being two, its doubly freak-out-ness now. Because if I do miscarry, now I know I'll be losing two.

I'm still so freaked out and scared. I'm still cramping. My back still hurts and I still have dark brown blood coming out. At least it isn't bright red. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We still have a long way to go and a lot can happen.

5 comments:

K8e said...

I saw this on TTTC and I just wanted to write again. I am so sorry that this happened but so happy that things are okay. It is wonderful that they are still there and I will be thinking about you! Rest today and try to think positive thoughts!

Hopeful34 said...

So glad it was not the babies. That must have been so very scary. I am praying for you that these babies stick. Just make sure you get a lot of rest and don't over do it. Make your dh do everything...get pampered!!!

Aliki said...

I missed this on TTTC while I was away--- I'm so sorry this is all happening and praying that the babies stick!!

EB said...

From what I've read, bleeding can be very normal in a pregnancy. If they said it's not coming from the uterus and it's turning brown and getting lighter, those are all super good signs! I hope everything works out and congrats on 2!!!

Life Happens said...

Congrats on two! Saying extra prayers for you!!