Friday, October 23, 2009

16w2d

This week was our 16 week appointment. And everything was good. No scan (grumble) but heartbeats sounded good and the doctor was happy with everything.

How far along? 16w2d
Total weight gain/loss: plus 8 pounds - that's it! My doctor was happy with that, so I guess I am too. I haven't been eating "healthy" but whatever I'm doing seems to work ok.
Maternity clothes? In mat pants all the time and am realizing that many of my shirts will not transition well... primarily because they are too short.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sometimes I get a lot... sometimes I wake up and can't go back to sleep...
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeats... always a nice thing
Movement: Well, maybe. I don't want to call it before it happens for real, but I feel.. things.. inside. Very sporadically. Very lightly. But definitely there. Hard to describe and mostly on the left side of the belly, although I did feel something on the right last night... hopefully the farther along I get the more I feel them and then will know for sure if it is what it is... or really just intestinal issues.
Food cravings: Kinda... like I went to Target to buy Jello and had to have one immediately after leaving the store. And the same with chocolate milk... but not like "real" food.
Gender: Still hoping for one of each, but after Wednesday's check up where BOTH heartbeats were measuring in the same range (150's) my theory is shot. (I'm also trying not to worry that one was so much lower than before. Still in normal range = ok)
Labor Signs: NO. And it can stay that way for a long time thankyouverymuch.
What I miss: Well, since finding pasteurized eggs, nothing that involves raw eggs. Yippee! I guess deli meats. I ate steak for our anniversary (what a rebel) and it was fantastic, and I wish I could eat it all the time.
What I am looking forward to: Finding out the sexes - one month to go! Getting bigger. Having a stranger comment so I feel like I look pregnant, as opposed to fat...

So yesterday and today I was incredibly worried about things. It was weird, since I was so calm about the doctor's appointment this time, a clear switch from my usual pre-appointment anxiety. Apparently now, I'm stressing about things AFTER the appointment. It's just that I've had pain low on my sides when I stand up and walk around. And it kinda worries me. And my belly feels tight and hard all the time. Which is a change from its pre-pregnancy squishy feeling... and I know it's normal. I just don't know if its too tight or too hard, if that makes sense. I think part of what stresses me out is the idea that I won't know what's wrong until its too late and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it and then... Bad Things. Irrational... probably. I need to remember that things that stretch are growing and some pain isn't always bad. I am going to be very happy to be more than 24 weeks. Very happy. Viability day. Very important.

Maybe I would have felt more at ease if we had gotten a scan. And I'm sure if I had whined and been more drama queen, we could have finagled one. But it's mainly my own fault. Next time, when the nurse talks about how hard it may be to find the heartbeats, don't point out the exact location where the nurse found them last time. Because guess what, genius? Chances are they'll still be in that general area. And my nurse found them at first Doppler poke.

Oh, I just remembered I had a dream about eating Whataburger last night and am suddenly ravenous. So bye.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Yay for 16 weeks! I think it's time for a belly shot :o)

Your not alone in the worry department. I swear the last few weeks I've been even more crazy than normal...if that's possible.

My new goal is 30 weeks, it seems so far away. I keep saying that once I get to 30 weeks I'll feel better, but I'm sure I'll be like this until lil' man arrives.