Wednesday, October 28, 2009

17w and No Flu For Me

Today is 17 weeks. And the worrying never stops. I got my H1N1 vaccine today, so now we're all protected and whatnot since I got the seasonal flu shot a couple of weeks ago. And, since I was there, I asked for a quick listen on the Doppler. They're both in the 140's (down from last week when they were both in the 150's). I know the rate is normal (I asked and anything from 120-170 is the norm), but I'm kinda worried about the right-sided baby - heart rate was always in the 170's until last week when it dropped to the 150's and now a week later its in the 140's. And both times, there was little to no movement, while the left one was super active... Both appointments were around the same time of day. So one sleeps and the other parties between 1-3pm? I just don't get it. And I don't know if I should be worried about this or not. I'm just afraid of this being a bad sign of bad things to come. Like, a warning sign that everyone but me is ignoring. Ah well. There really isn't much I can do about it, so *shrugsigh*.

I'm going to be very anxious to see what the doctor says next time I see her, however. And I'm even contemplating borrowing a Doppler to monitor the situation. But I don't know what that would help. Especially since I know babies' heart rates fluctuate. I know they get lower as they get bigger. But what I don't know is if this rate is normal for 17 weeks. And maybe one baby is super active and the other... is lazy like me. I've heard of that. Babies are different. So maybe mine are just completely... different.

In good baby news, the AFP blood work and we're low risk for neural tube defects! Rock on, babies!

In other pregnancy news, still no stranger comments on the belly, which I take to mean I still look fat and not pregnant. Or that awkward phase between the two where people would rather stay safe than be sorry. And the maternity pants I wear are pretty baggy. It's funny to me that they are and I can't wait to be busting out of them. I just look at them and wonder... and kinda laugh since some of them are borrowed and I may have to quit them before I stretch them out beyond anyone else's* wearing capabilities.

*By the way - is else's not a word? Because I always get called out on spell check about it. What the hell?

1 comment:

susanc07 said...

one of my babies is always less active than the other (usually the girl). and the h/bs sound totally normal.

sounds like everything is going well - congrats and try not to worry. ;)