Wednesday, February 24, 2010

34 Weeks

So the sleep issue... has been taken to the couch. As in, I am now sleeping on the couch. I just can't get comfortable in bed and we have a sectional and a large pillow. So, that's where we are. On the couch I get up to pee less and I wake up in pain less, which all leads to more sleep. Which is nice. Even though I'm pretty cramped (the couch isn't that wide) and all the morning light wakes me up earlier, I'm still getting more sleep, so it all evens out.

And the last post was written at a bad time, I think - I've been feeling a lot better. And this happens with regularity - the babies grow, I stretch and am in pain for a couple days, then my body adjusts and I feel better. Granted, as they've been getting bigger, the painful periods have gotten a lot more painful (I now know exactly what they mean by the second trimester being the best feeling - it is so true).

It still feels like there's a lot to do, but I'm slowly ticking things off my list. I just finished thank you cards from the shower and am planning on getting those out this week. I also plan on finishing up the last of the shopping I need to do; and M and I plan on going car shopping this weekend. We still haven't found what we want and I'm really afraid that we may be stuck for a while without a car that will fit the stroller. I also really need to start laundry on all the sheets and clothes - its something I've been putting off but with it getting so close, I really need to get that done. I also need to finish packing my hospital bag. I got the cutest twin memory books (they're a little silly, but overall pretty freaking cute, and I love the twin part of it).

We finished up our Childbirth Preparedness class (I don't know that I feel that much more ready, but I don't suppose anything will make me feel more ready for that.) And today we have the Breastfeeding class. I hope I get valuable info from this class... and that M doesn't feel weird going. I hope there are other dads there.

Contractions have started back up again. I couldn't tell when I was having them before - my stomach would tighten but I was in so much pain anyway, it didn't feel much different other than the tightening. But now that I'm feeling better, the contractions are making themselves known. I had several last night and have had one this morning. I still don't feel as much from the little lady as I would like - he on the other hand is active all the time. I like to think that she is too, but facing the other way makes it harder to feel. I try not to stress about her too much - I usually end up feeling her.

And I'm really trying to not stress over something going wrong between now and delivery. That the babies are best when in me for now and that they'll be ok and make it through delivery with no problems. It almost seems easier to have them born via c-section - it seems like a smaller chance of something bad happening. And I know I'm copping to this because both babies are head down and the likelihood of a vaginal delivery is much greater - if it were the other way around, I'm sure I would be complaining about a c-section. I'm so fickle. But labor scares me.

And, I can't believe I'm already 34 weeks. Most likely we'll have babies within the next four weeks, and I would be ok with them coming anytime after 36 weeks. Which, as I can type that rationally and quite matter-of-factly, still baffles the hell out of me. It still feels quite unreal - this whole going to be a mother thing. Going to have two newborns at our house. Going to have children - little pieces of M and I to take care of and raise. Wow.

1 comment:

Hopeful34 said...

Not long now!!! You must be so excited!!! Glad to hear you are doing so well. :) I will find out tomorrow if i am having 1 or 2 babies...so nervous.