Monday, February 22, 2010

Update! 33w5d

How far along? 33w5d
Total weight gain/loss: up 35 pounds or so...
Maternity clothes? Oh, yeah
Stretch marks? Oh, yeah
Sleep: I wish I could get some
Best moment this week: Making the list of What To Do Before Babies Come and marking some stuff off... and realizing that I will be 36w in like two weeks and freaking out a little bit
Movement: Oh, yeah.. and it hurts sometimes (they mess and poke with innards that should not be messed with or poked...)
Food cravings: None, really. I just eat what I want...
Gender: Still one boy, one girl
Labor Signs: some contractions
What I miss: Sleep and being pain free
What I am looking forward to: Sleep (please don't laugh at this... I am allowed to dream, right?) and being pain free

Seriously - notice a recurring theme here? The pain. Ohmygawd. It is hurting. All over my torso. My stomach muscles. My back. My sinuses. Fuckity fuck fuck. I can't even get comfortable laying on my side on the couch. It is hurt. But, all the pain is due to good news - we had a growth scan today and apparently the babies are big fatties - Girl is 6 pounds! Boy is 6 pounds 15 ounces!! That's like full term baby weights there. Everything else looked good - my massive looking cankles are normal, BP is fine, cervix is closed and babies are high (per the internal - the scan said they were low and both head down), so that's all good.

And it is no wonder I'm hurting - that's just about 13 pounds of baby in me. And man, do I feel for the other large baby peoples - the trip and quad mamas, the lady who had the 14 pound baby... man. I can't imagine how much bigger I'm going to get and how much bigger the babies are going to get. I really want to make it to 36 weeks at minimum but I know it will be a painful journey. And, to be clear - I'm thrilled the babies are doing so well. I couldn't ask for more - they seem healthy and are apparently eating well. So, that's awesome. But now I start to wonder if I should start worrying about 8 and 9 pound babies when I deliver... I have to admit the thought scares me a little - it seems like a painful delivery. And a painful last week or so.

No comments: