Monday, February 8, 2010

Our Baby Shower!

My baby shower was this weekend and it was AWESOME. My friend Jen threw it completely by herself for us (it was a coed shower) and it was great. We had about 50 adults there and some kids, my sister and nephew got to come down for it and we are so blessed and lucky to have so many people who are excited and supportive of us and these babies.

The theme was "Double Stuffed" so there were Oreos everywhere - the centerpieces had Oreos, the party favors were specialty Oreos, the cake was a giant Oreo; the colors were brown and some pink and blue... it was great. The food was awesome, the cake was chocolate fudge and super yummy... it was all great. And long. It started at 5 and we didn't leave until 9:30. I was very tired and after all the presents slept fitfully and dreamt of being at the shower and opening presents. My feet... were cankles. And sadly, I sat a good portion of the time! But the swelling was a little out of control.

The one complaint I have - and I know I sound like a total brat and I really don't mean to - I swear - I'm just frustrated at BRU and their registry. We got very little off our registries. Very little. Maybe 10 items. So, needless to say we still need a lot. A lot lot. And its because we moved recently and our address (including the city) changed (so maybe it's not all BRU's fault... but people who are moving soon, take note and spread the word). We heard several complaints of "We couldn't find your registry..." which is frustrating. Because people were very generous... incredibly generous... but we still need the things we need. So that will be a project for the weekend, or as soon as the registry completion coupon comes in. And we are now set for clothes for... the next 6-9 months. :)

Pictures!







1 comment:

EB said...

I hear you on the gift front. We had to cancel my shower because I was hospitalized a few days before it was going to be held. We never rescheduled it...sad... So we ended up getting 3 gifts from our registry and had to buy everything else!